Handley Page O/700 airliner conversion - Airfix 1/72

Simply stunning work. There's so much going on with this model and so much work and skill to appreciate. I could look at the pictures for hours. Just love the subjects you choose too. All stuff I would attempt if biplanes and rigging in 1/72 didn't give me the screaming ab dabs. Then again, Wingnut Wings are doing an 0/400 in 1/32. Now there's an idea.....

Looking forward to your next project sir!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Stunning! Another of Moa's sow's-ear-to-silk-purse creations.

Michael, in Spanish there is a saying that goes: "No hay mujeres feas, sino hombres necios" (There aren't ill-favored women, but only foolish men).

We could extrapolate and paraphrase: "There aren't ill-favored kits, but only unloving modelers" *.

*Still, that doesn't apply to the many belonging to the execrable class, which I won't be naming here.

Cheers 😉

• Like 1

As ever, an admirable project. I'm a long time admirer of your models. 

But I also enjoy your English, clearly non native but there's a lyrical tone typical I think of a Latin language, French or Spanish. Spanish given your background obviously. 

It adds to the models you produce. It's English but with a twist. 

Nicely done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Simply stunning work. There's so much going on with this model and so much work and skill to appreciate. I could look at the pictures for hours. Just love the subjects you choose too. All stuff I would attempt if biplanes and rigging in 1/72 didn't give me the screaming ab dabs. Then again, Wingnut Wings are doing an 0/400 in 1/32. Now there's an idea.....

Looking forward to your next project sir!

You are exceedingly kind, sir.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Joe M said:

Hi Moa,

All the superlatives have been used already. I'll simply say its beautiful. Truly beautiful. A work of art!

Cheers

Joe M

Joe, you are super kind.

Thanks!

I wanted to take some photos with figures, but the boarding ladder I had was too tall. Another one is being made for the purpose:

IMG_8626+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_8627+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_8628+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noelh said:

As ever, an admirable project. I'm a long time admirer of your models. 

But I also enjoy your English, clearly non native but there's a lyrical tone typical I think of a Latin language, French or Spanish. Spanish given your background obviously. 

It adds to the models you produce. It's English but with a twist. 

Nicely done. 

Thanks Noelh, you have paid me a great compliment.

I am an avid reader and writer, and have a little translation enterprise with a long time associate (that is an English native speaker, as I am a Spanish native speaker). We do translations for scientific and cultural institutions, and a small number of non-profit organizations.

Hence, language is not only my pleasure, but also the source of the little extra that pays for the hobby 😉

Cheers

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jonners said:

😁 How very apt! I was in that situation myself earlier this month, but I got a voucher for a rather nice sandwich and trimmings, a nightstop in an Amsterdam hotel, dinner and complimentary shuttle bus transfers out of KLM. Couldn't claim compensation, though, as Storm Ciara was to blame. 

Anyway, wasn't the Moa a flightless bird?

Yes a Moa was a very large flightless bird some what like an ostrich.  It lived in New Zealand until the Maoris hunted to extinction long ago. The feathers were prized by them. 

• Like 1

It is just mind blowing to look at this, what a fantastic result, such a crisp and well detailed build. The photos are also stunning and you can look up and down among them to see new details of the model, but also make a little bit of time travel to actually be present there on the airfield when it happened for real. Awesome!

• Thanks 1

Oh man, this is wonderful Claudio! I tried to build one as a teenager (military version, I'm afaid to admit). It was one of the very very few models that I gave up upon. I had the outer wing sections rigged before attaching them to the center piece when it turned out that there remained a considerable gap between the upper wing elements. There was obviously a slight parallelogram offset that couldn't be corrected without cutting all flying wires. Well - yours proves that a real master can manage such trivia 😃

• Thanks 1