Airfix Lancaster B. Mk1

Blitz23

Hi Chaps,

I am entering an old BBMF boxing of an Airfix Mk1 Lanc, has been partially started but below the 25% rule.  Looking at finishing this one wheels up on a stand, potentially might order some prop blur propellors as well.

Here's the boxing below;

20189SDC15710

Will be ordering new decals for this build and thinking of potentially finishing her as "Uncle Joe Again" from 463 Sqn, RAAF.

81_4_b1

Also have a revell Dambuster to build but I won't overcommit just yet!

• Like 6

As stated I had previously started this one a while ago, so here is how it stands with the start day drawing ever closer, mainly just assmebled both wings.

Looking forward to finally getting this one off the ground, things left to purchase;

• New set of decals
  • Stand
  • Maybe a prop blur set
20180829_223553

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Been searching online for a set of decals that are appealing and I've found this pair from Kits-World which they do in 1/72, both are rather appealing A/C but I'm yet to decide.

ksw132132

KW132136A

Building wise not alot of change, starting to paint the interior up so hoping to have the fuselage closed up by the end of the week.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Mancunian airman said:

Personally I would go with the first one as its not one that is commonly out there  . . . .

Yeah thats the one that I was leaning towards as well 👍

Great to see another one of these Classic Lanc kits join the fray... I'll be honest and add my preferences for 463 Squadron's Uncle Joe... she's an Aussie bird of course! 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...