Estonian Independence Day Parade 2020

Tiger331

Yesterday Estonian celebrated its 102nd Anniversary of Independence with the traditional parade and march through Tallinn City Centre which was followed by a display of some of the military vehicles that were involved, including Allies. As in recent years the UK-Led NATO Battle Group were present, this time with the Danish Contingent that alternates with the French and sometimes the Belgians. 

The majority of vehicles were noticeably cleaner this year. Not because they had been washed before participation in the parade but due to the fact that the milder weather in Estonia this winter precluded their use on the forest tracks and dirt roads which are normally frozen over. Warmer temperatures combined with a much wetter season have allowed the ground to remain boggy and the tracked vehicles in particular have seen little use. A large percentage of the British armour that makes up the Battle Group was also swopped out late last year for newly refurbished vehicles. I don't recall ever seeing such a smart Warrior IFV before, for example !.   

fullsizeoutput_19cd

Estonian CV90 IFV of the Scouts Battalion

fullsizeoutput_19ce

Challenger 2

fullsizeoutput_19cc

fullsizeoutput_19cb 

fullsizeoutput_19c9

CVR Scimitar

fullsizeoutput_19cf

AS90 SPG

fullsizeoutput_19c7

Danish CV90DK IFV - Danish Royal Life Guards

fullsizeoutput_19d6

Danish MOWAG Piranha IIIH APC - Royal Danish Life Guards

fullsizeoutput_19c8

US Army Bradley IFV - Not part of the UK Led Battle Group but on show as a precursor to US deployments to the Baltics on Exercise in the summer of 2020.

fullsizeoutput_19d0

fullsizeoutput_19d2

Estonian Air Defence Regiment MAN Truck with mounted ZSU AAA. This is one of very few pieces of former Soviet equipment still in service with the Estonian Defence Forces (EDF)

fullsizeoutput_19d4

fullsizeoutput_19d5

Estonian Air Force Mobile Air Surveillance radar.

I have not included any other EDF equipment as it has been covered in my photo-reports from previous years.

Enjoy !

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

BTW, that's a Bradley, not an Abrams. 

Paul,

Thanks for the correction - I guess you would know given your surname !

• Haha 1