Cierva C.30a G-ACXR .. Mini Art 1/35

Another Mini Art 1/35 Cierva C.30 for the cabinet. ‘XR’ was leased to the Gonzalez Byass wine company back in the mid 1930’s for a UK publicity tour.

References for this model have been a little thin on the ground to say the least and the model is based solely on the testimony of two rather grainy black and white photographs. The tail and  ‘Jerez’ decals were home printed onto white decal film, the rest are from Xtradecal lettering sheets or the spares box. A few problems - spent hours without luck trying to find a suitable font for the lettering so they are a bit of a compromise also I think my home made decals are slightly under scale. I’ve also found the Experts Choice white decal film a little opaque. First time with home made decals so it’s a bit of a learning curve. Having taken pictures of the model I’ve also just realised the wheel hub covers still need to be fitted - useless, can’t get the staff!

One last note - I noticed the other day a company in Spain (FC Model Trend) have released a set of replacement weighted wheels for the kit - looking forward to them arriving!

Love this kit- hope it’s of interest.

IMG_4540

IMG_4537

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Natter said:

There's a fault with those decals?  You could have fooled me.  That is a lovely model.

They don’t look that bad but with hindsight I should have tested them first. At least I’ll know next time.

• 2 years later...

Two years later...

hZc9T4im.jpg  af6hcuKm.jpg  wgIYfggm.jpg

Nice day.  😜

KF

Edited by KayFranz