The Mighty "JUG". P-47 N Thunderbolt by Academy 1/48

Hey guys. Hope you’re all keeping well under the circumstances. If you’re lucky enough to have a garden let’s hope you’ve spent some time outdoors, it’s been a lovely few days even if at a distance. 

This also happened. ❤️

49761430253_6e2f69d352_b.jpg

Bless them I even got some gifts.

49761430233_a7002fc897_b.jpg

and a special something too. 😇🤗

49761984166_ed57dc0dd1_b.jpg

I’m feeling very lucky indeed. ❤️
Any hoo the Jug is nearing an end. I’ll do one more post before I finish with a sign off and a link to the RFI.  Aaand a link to the new build aaand to the Me262 RFI.  Blimey

a lot of stuff. Just gotta get the pics done. 😇🤗🙌

lets take it back a few steps.

The prop got a good prime, some blemishes sorted and a yellow and silver spray.

49761429953_e66a725eab_b.jpg

I masked the tips and to be fair couldn’t be bothered to wait for the silver to dry so sprayed as close as I could and brushed the join. 

49761983896_5483f39d8a_b.jpg

looks ok up close. 🤩

This all got unmasked and a gloss coat added last night ready for decals and a wash. Well here’s the decals.

49761960201_de4c135b74_b.jpg

Lovely! ❤️😇 I’ll top coat that ready for the final bit to tomorrow.

The last few bits got added. I drilled the wing lights and added some paint. I’d already done this once but apparently they are sided. 🙄

49761430073_e44521324e_b.jpg

And the red. I also fitted the probe thing.

49761454158_f6ea0c512f_b.jpg

And the aerials.

49762314027_1a27338e44_b.jpg

Just gotta fit the prop in the morning after a glory wash then I can take some shots.

49762290447_a443c1edc4_b.jpg

Thanks guys for tagging along. Like I said one more post before I finish up. Desk is cleared and the next one is lined up. Ooooh exciting. 🤩🥳

Johnny.

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Its a bit bloody overrated to my mind. :( When I hear someone say 60 is the new 40, I immediately think, "bugger you sunshine, I'd rather be 40 gain!" (soon to turn 65)

Steve.

Only as old as the woman you something, something if I remember right? 🤣 my mind fails me. As long as we’re all healthy huh. 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shiny propeller Spad, Too bad for your eye...:rofl2:

I hope that you grew better ye ol' man... :rofl2:

Happy Birthday !! Great gifts both beers and kits !!

I'll take a Tiger Moth as soon as I see one in my LHS...

Will do a double build (Yes !! one more) with the old Smer ... Promise to be fun...

What are you starting now ??? 1,2 or 3 kits at once !!

Have fun My man, enjoy the sun and the beer...

Next time I'll taste this bombardier thing.

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

Well then, it seems as if Birthday wishes are in order. Congrats on another lap of the sun! I would say I hope you had a good day, but it seems the Mrs. had that sorted.

Here’s to hoping your eye gets better as well. I had the unfortunate luck to catch shingles this last spring, and it manifested itself along my left facial nerve, which ends up right in the ol’ eyeball. Not a pleasant experience, but I was able to catch it early enough to where I don’t have any vision damage. As a relatively healthy 31 year old, it was a bit shocking to say the least. 

Regarding your build, it’s come together quite nicely, and the thread has certainly been entertaining to follow. I will certainly reference this when I tackle mine. Thanks for sharing your journey!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, happy birthday and Happy Easter dear boy! :thumbsup:

It looks like you received a lot of goodies, I'm glad for you! Not sure what's better, if the beers or the models, though... :rofl:

The jug is looking splendid, looking forward to the RFI :Tasty:

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Belated Happy Birthday from me as well.

Your Jug has raised the bar further, stunning workmanship and result!

Looking forward to the next one now

Stay safe            Roger

• Thanks 1

Wow! . Thank you to everyone for the very kind birthday wishes. You're all very kind. The Jug is finished alas no pics as yet as the new build was too much of a pull for me. Tomorrow will be photo day. 😀

There is a new thread. Please feel free to tag along in the madness if so you wish.  Come on in the water's fine. 

Johnny.

• Like 1

Happy Sunday guys.  

Thank you all for tagging along with this one it was great fun. The to and fro was awesome getting this one over the line. 😇

The RFI is up and can be found "HERE"

Stay safe and as always Happy Modelling.

Johnny.

• Like 4

Off to see the RFI, then :) 

BTW, I did check my box of the Academy P-47 and it turns out it's a P-47N just like yours, only a more recent edition - it's the "expected goose" one". So i bookmarked your thread for future reference :winkgrin: 

Ciao

• Like 1