Badger 350 airbrush advice...

Faceplate

Hey all,

Just looking for some input about the Badger 350 airbrush. I've go a Badger 200 NH right now and I really like it, though it's been causing me some grief as of late. I've been thinking about getting a new a/b and was wondering what your take on the 350 is. I like how easy it is to use the 200 and how easy it is to clean it. I've watched some vids on the breakdown and use of the 350 and it seems as straight forward as the 200. 

Does anyone here use the 350? Any input would be great. I'm not ready to get a dual-action yet...not until I get a compressor anyway. I use Badger Propel cans for the time being....yeah, I know, I'm spending more in the long run by not getting a compressor. It's on my shopping list...maybe this summer.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

I've had a Badger 350 for about 40 years and it was the first airbrush I had. The 350 was a good place to start with airbrushing and I learnt a lot with it, I still use it for larger areas and Alclad but once you try a dual-action you'll appreciate the difference when it comes to the extra control available. You can get a 350 (or a cheaper clone) for very little money and like any tool it's always good to have an option.

The 350 is easy to use and very easy to clean, I would say easier than the 200 (which I've also got) as you don't have the needle and so many seals to worry about. The parts are cheap to replace as and when needed. What's the problem with your 200?

Definitely start saving some money for a compressor as it will pay for itself very quickly and remove the constant wondering about having enough air left for the job and then cleaning. It's much easier with a compressor to take your time learning new techniques as well.

Hope this helps.

Steve 

• Like 1

I used my 350 for a lot of years and it works great is easy to use and easy to strip and clean however I wanted something that could give me finer control so a 200 NH was bought which is just as reliable and easy to strip/clean, I also have the 200 detail which is even finer. So I am puzzled why you are having problems with the NH, the only problem that I had was the air valve sticking but that went away when I stopped using white spirit to clean it and went to Badgers own cleaner. A compressor will not only be cheaper but will also give you a constant air pressure giving better paint results.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

To answer both questions about my 200....it's been acting wonky for me the last couple of sessions on my Jaguar and Tonka. I thought maybe it was the Teflon needle bearing or the needle itself. I've examined the needle and the other components and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary It may be that the bearing needs replacing. My first thought was the white paint I was using (less than optimal insignia white). But it may be the current Badger Propel can I'm using. I'll know if that's the case on my next can.

I'll keep troubling-shooting to see what I can see. If the airbrush still acts stupid after the next can I'll replace that needle bearing. I'm going down the list of possible issues to fix the issue. 

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.