Trumpeter 1/200 R.M.S TITANIC

BeltArmor

Here she is and everything else goes on hold for now as i cant wait to start her any longer Trumpeter have put good effort into this kit it is by no means perfect that i have noticed but only small things the overall shape looks good though which is a great start

I will only fix any obvious inaccuracies here and there as i find any along the way but for the most part i plan to build her and enjoy her for what the kit is otherwise i will go crazy getting hung up on every little rivet and never getting it finished.

Here are a few quick pics before i start her.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers guys back soon 

Lee

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Alan P said:

What a monster. Must be almost as long as the Missouri kits?

Really looking forward to seeing what you do with it 👍

Thanks Alan

Only 5 mm short of the MO

On 2/26/2020 at 2:46 AM, BluesModeller said:

Been hoping someone would take this beast on at some point!

Looking forward to watching your build progress!

Cheers i plan on posting lots of little updates as i chip away at each job

• Like 1

Finally got started on the build and i am not happy with the shape of the centre anchor Hawse pipe so i sanded and filed the rough shape i wanted and hollowed it out it still needs blending in on the hull sides and smoothing out all over.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers Lee.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

A good news :

https://scaledecks.com

UPDATE: Trumpeter 1/200 RMS Titanic Wood Deck Set

YES!  We are absolutely making a wood deck set for this amazing kit.  We just received it on March 5th, and we hope to have a finalized wood deck set out it April.

You follow along with our progress on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/495723057755975/search/?query=Scaledecks.com is working&epa=SEARCH_BOX

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3784924431519408&id=376898778988674&__tn__=*s*s-R

BFEAA4-DD-287-E-479-D-B230-C7-AB88-F4-C9

Edited by Iceman 29
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Belt Armor, will be following with interest. Mine arrived two months earlier then I expected. So now I have to wait for the shipping restrictions to be lifted so that I can receive the add-on detail set from Pontos.

Stay safe, and enjoy your build, I know I will.

Hello Iceman 29, No I have not received the Pontos detail kit, I have to wait for the shipping restrictions to be lifted before the package can be sent. Are you asking who to order the detail set from?

OK, Within the Titanic model box there are inserts as you well know, one of those is a notice of a detail up set for US$180, that will be available sometime in March 2020. You are provided with two options for ordering, the first is to visit Trumpeter's Facebook page, the second is to email directly to the individual who is coordinating the purchasing for Trumpeter/Pontos.

Go to Facebook and search for 'Trumpeter China Model Kits' then click send email with your request for the detail set. You will receive a reply instructions for payment. HOWEVER, as you are very aware the virus situation has caused massive shipping restrictions, and I do not think they are accepting any new orders right now. But do send the email that way when they restart the process you will be one step ahead.

The other method is an email to: [email protected].

Hope this info helps.

• 3 months later...

I am also building this with the Pontos box of tricks. Take my advice, book an appt with your GP for about 6 months time for a repeat prescription of anti-depressants to get you through to the last page of the Pontos detailing! 

• Haha 1