Tips for A310 canopy

Baran İşmen

Hello all.

I've got an old kit of Revell's A310, whose only lacking part is the clear canopy. As this kit is out of prouduction, Revell had to deny my demand of this part from their side. And, as I still couldn't reach the 100 post limit, I simply can not start a new thread to ask for a spare part from someone who might have.

Anyhow; now I'm looking for some alternatives for finishing this rare kit. Like, can i somehow adapt any other Airbus kit's clear part to A-310, or shall I fill the whole area and use a decal (which I don't have either).

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Cheers,

Baran

Hello Baran.

Have a look at the replacement nose section available from Braz.

BZ4091-A300-800.jpg

Not only will it solve your problem with the missing clear part, it will also improve on the poor shape of the Revel kit.  Decals for the window areas will then be required due to the solid resin conversion parts.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

10 hours ago, stringbag said:

Hello Baran.

Have a look at the replacement nose section available from Braz.

BZ4091-A300-800.jpg

Not only will it solve your problem with the missing clear part, it will also improve on the poor shape of the Revel kit.  Decals for the window areas will then be required due to the solid resin conversion parts.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Hey Chris, thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah I'm aware of this, it's a last resort for me though, because I have to find a window decal for this as well.

Sourcing a windscreen decal is not difficult, I suspect the window panel shape is similar to other A3NN variants?

Draw Decal in the USA does a range of Door and Window sheets for various Airbus Airliners (and others).

Here is one for for the A300

14 hours ago, Baran İşmen said:

Hey Chris, thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah I'm aware of this, it's a last resort for me though, because I have to find a window decal for this as well.

Drop me a PM with your address and I'll send you a set of window decals to help out.

Chris.

For what it's worth I wouldn't bother trying to source a replacement cockpit windscreen for the Revell A310. Even if you find one, it's very difficult to fit (who on earth designed a two-part windscreen?).  More importantly the kit nose shape is completely wrong and looks like nothing that ever came off the Airbus production line.

If you want to fill the gap and use a decal that's your decision but I'm with Chris on the BraZ nose. It transforms the kit.

Just one other point. If you have any questions about an airliner model, it's better to post it in the "Civil Aircraft Modelling Discussion by Era" section. There are plenty of airliner modellers on the site and we're always willing to help but not many of us hang out in "Scratchbuilding". I only stumbled across this thread by accident when I was looking for something else.

Dave G

On 29/02/2020 at 23:39, Skodadriver said:

For what it's worth I wouldn't bother trying to source a replacement cockpit windscreen for the Revell A310. Even if you find one, it's very difficult to fit (who on earth designed a two-part windscreen?).  More importantly the kit nose shape is completely wrong and looks like nothing that ever came off the Airbus production line.

If you want to fill the gap and use a decal that's your decision but I'm with Chris on the BraZ nose. It transforms the kit.

Just one other point. If you have any questions about an airliner model, it's better to post it in the "Civil Aircraft Modelling Discussion by Era" section. There are plenty of airliner modellers on the site and we're always willing to help but not many of us hang out in "Scratchbuilding". I only stumbled across this thread by accident when I was looking for something else.

Dave G

Hey Dave,

Thanks for your suggestions. I just thought using this section would be wiser. 

Anyhow, can some mod move this topic to there or shall I create a new one?