Heller Viggen x2

Orso

This wasn't planned. I wasn't planning on doing any Viggen's right now. But I had an opportunity to go to one of our clubs build meetings. About once a month we meet for an evening to build some but mostly talk and some of us go out and eat and talk more.

spacer.png

I had a quick look at the stash and grabbed a Viggen aiming for a grey aircraft but when I opened it I realised that I had sanded down all of the panel lines. Without any panel lines a single grey would be very flat and boring so  I decided to start on it anyway but it has to be in the splinter camouflage. But I want a grey one so when I got back home I decided to start on a second one.

spacer.png

I had some resin tails from Dr Pepper in the boxes so I decided to use them. I also has some old Eduard etch for them but I think that I'll stick to my paper cockpits. 

Edited by Orso
  • Like 8

I agree, those tail pipes do look quite smart and they really lift the back end of these Heller kits. I’ve never heard of Dr. Pepper, but come to think of it I’ve never contemplated building a Viggen until this GB rolled along. Good luck with both builds. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

woohoo more Viggens!! We along...again...with a double build of Viggens.....would you call it a "Brace of Viggens"??

Nice to see someone else going for a splinter scheme.

That AM exhaust looks amazing, have definitely never heard of that company (just looked it up, they have some interesting stuff).

Well good luck with these builds, look forward to following them, and hopefully see them in the gallery at the end. 

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

...That AM exhaust looks amazing, have definitely never heard of that company (just looked it up, they have some interesting stuff).

Your resin fetish kicking in again birthday boy? :lol: 

• Haha 2

On 24/02/2020 at 04:23, Orso said:

I had a quick look at the stash and grabbed a Viggen aiming for a grey aircraft but when I opened it I realised that I had sanded down all of the panel lines. Without any panel lines a single grey would be very flat and boring so  I decided to start on it anyway but it has to be in the splinter camouflage. But I want a grey one so when I got back home I decided to start on a second one.

:thumbsup:   That's what I'm talkin' about!   :lol:

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

viggen_103.JPG

I started to convert the intakes. 

viggen_104.JPG

It was a rather quick fix.

viggen_203.JPG

But I forgot to do this on the grey kit so I need to do it now. This one is fighting me. First the sanded down panel lines that made me start on a second kit. Then I forgot to build the RAT before gluing the fuselage together. Now I have started on it but I think I did it to shallow so I need to remove it and restart. and the latest setback was the air intakes. No I forgot. The new tail come loose. I hate resin.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

oh dear, you do seem to have a wee fight on you're hands with these 2.

Under the circumstances I'mm forgive that blasphemist remark about how you hate resin! :yikes:

Resin is your friend....it's lovely!!!!! :wub:

• Haha 3