Nagato by Hasegawa 1/350

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Superb job, I have to complete mine in 1/700 somehow or other.

I particularly congratulate you on the aircraft especially the drift markings on the tails!

A small touch you might like to note that towards the top of the pagoda tower a couple of the platforms have canvas curtains (pale colour) at the front, rather than being metal grey.

They seem to be very keen on their hull plating for this one

Andrew

Wow, your Nagato qualifies for display in  a ship museum. Fabulous job! I have this kit but have been putting it off until I get a few more ship builds under my belt. If/when I get to it, your build will be a great reference source. I have used a Fly hawk PE set once and found it very challenging/ delicate/ unforgiving compared to WEM/Toms. Your PE details came out great.

Edited by nearsightedjohn
Error in PE name (Flyhawk)

• 4 weeks later...

I am an airplane guy and spend most of my time hanging out in the aircraft section of Britmodeler. But every once in a while I just have to come over and see what the nautical modelers are up to.  Whatever problems I might have with an aircraft kit can fit inside one turret on one of these masterpieces, and this is truly a masterpiece.  The work and dedication to build this is remarkable and the results are stunning.  I am simply in awe!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Right, that is it for me, I give up. You win!

That is the work of legends and at times your photo looks like the real thing in its time. I need to start building some boats

That looks fantastic. Did you add the detail to the hull or is this just the kit detail? I don't build many ships but the ones I have don't have any detail in them.

As a newer member of this site I sometimes miss these works of art, so thank you to the above for bringing this higher on the completed builds log.

I am literally lost for words on how good this is, the only reason I know these are not just real life pics masquering as a model is that I've never seen the Nagato flying out of the water, but even now I'm doubting that perceived wisdom. The other option is that you've got fairies and pixies to do your modelling, I mean that aircraft detail is ridiculous. This really is truly exquisite.

David