Nagato by Hasegawa 1/350

I can see why the subject appealed. It's as if the IJN took one look at a ship and asked 'how can we make this look insanely more complicated?' And I thought my Duke of York was a bit of a fiddle. Really first rate work.

• Thanks 1

That's incredible.  I looked at the first photo and thought this is good.  Then looked at the second photo and thought I was looking at a picture of the ship herself.  That's got to be one of the best ship models I've ever seen.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been dipping into the Drachinifel guides to various navies ships but I've been finding the ones on the Japanese navy the most compelling - it's the pagoda style masts I think.

The guide for the Nagato is here, your model does that ship justice and is well weathered.  Brilliant job, well done!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ray S said:

A truly stunning result with this, and the rigging especially is excellent, so neat at the attachment points.

Thanks very much! I used a thicker grade of rigging thread (110 denier) than on previous models, and it makes a big difference. Nicer to work with, very easy to cut at the attachment point without leaving stray bits of elastic, and better visibility on the finished model.

• Like 1