Arma Hobby 1/72 Hurricane

Afternoon,

Finished the Arma Hobby 1/72 Hurricane Mk.1 (mini build thread on here). Thoughts - excellent kit, great fit, nice surface detail, Masks & PE included, no real drawbacks!

I’m told the scheme was probably only a planned option, but I went with it anyway as I’d had the masks cut for the insignia.

I can’t seem to settle on scale at the moment, I’ve recently re found 1/72 and these are the only ones I’m likely to keep as a collection as others are generally too big to have hanging round, but I’m generally disappointed with the end photos as this scale never really pings in close up shots. That said, I do like them in the flesh! I’ve bought a pile of 1/72 kits but now I’m not sure! 😂

Anyway, here she is...

D6117-D65-A19-F-40-FF-9527-ABE856-D86-BC

CF4-E4-C0-D-6-AF6-496-F-AE3-A-CCB028-B3-

8-A984122-FA7-F-46-EA-BD99-00-CB3-C00-AB

886-E9-CBB-8532-4-DF5-AD99-02-BE696816-B

5-ED663-E8-740-B-4-EDB-ADC6-49-BAFB9-D83

19-E5-EED9-49-BA-460-F-B18-A-AB15-D3-B9-

Happy Sunday!

Guy

• Like 46

The scheme is great weather it was only "planned" or not.  The light gray sides and tail really break up the usual green and tan colors nicely.  I am really beginning to

like the overall shape of the Arma Hurricanes as compared to the other 72nd scale Hurricanes.  Somehow or another it just looks more correct to me.  Others may

point out which 72nd Hurricanes are better and I would welcome their comments.

Really liking the job you did on this kit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Todders said:

Others may

point out which 72nd Hurricanes are better and I would welcome their comments.

no other kit is better than the Arma kit.  

@Gisbod, I assume it is now too late, but you have fitted De Havilland blades to a Rotol  Hurricane spinner.  

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234980181-hawker-hurricane-propellers-and-spinners-a-modellers-guide/

I've seen it done n the Airfix 48th kit,  didn't know you could do it on the Arma kit.   The Arma Mk.I has the De Havilland Hurricane unit, and the Spitfire Rotol and Hurricane Rotol.

P3059  would have had the Spitfire Rotol unit.

for more on the Norway scheme, and actual 46 Sq pics

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/77454-48-hurricane-fabric-wings/

17 minutes ago, Todders said:

The scheme is great weather it was only "planned" or not.  The light gray sides and tail really break up the usual green and tan colors nicely. 

There are some Naval Hurricanes that had a similar scheme.   I'm sure I posted a photo one time, but can't find it now.

Lovely model construction and finish wise though.  :goodjob:

• Like 3

That's very impressive. I've not had chance to build one of these yet.

The cockpit canopy looks better than the Airfix version. The fuselage seems longer - not sure if that's right or wrong.

Cracking paintwork too, and the decals look painted on. My only slight criticism is that the radio aerial is a bit too noticeable - in that scale it should be almost invisible.

Ps. Keep building 1/72 - the one, true scale!

• Like 1

Now that does look very nice indeed. The scheme looks right and the overall finish is well done. I tend to model in mixed scales, however find 1/72 both easier to store and build more of the same subject matter. Perhaps get yourself a better camera that captures your great modelling skills, although from what you’ve posted above I honestly can’t see any issues. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 3:10 PM, Gisbod said:

I can’t seem to settle on scale at the moment, I’ve recently re found 1/72 and these are the only ones I’m likely to keep as a collection as others are generally too big to have hanging round, but I’m generally disappointed with the end photos as this scale never really pings in close up shots. That said, I do like them in the flesh! I’ve bought a pile of 1/72 kits but now I’m not sure! 😂

You are doing fine, both with model and photos, but try to bring down the camera level with the model, as I do in Spitfire photo #2.

HTH

Finn