Python-engined Lincoln RF403

zebra

Having got the milliput cleaned up, everything else was pretty straightforward. getting the tailplanes on revealed that the rear fuselage was slightly twisted - I've tweaked the alignment of the tailplanes and you'd have to be looking at it closely and straight on to see anything's amiss now. The last modification needed was to add small near-cylindrical intakes (?) below the Pythons. These look fairly similar to the parts under the Hercules engines on the Lancaster II so I used those. After that the undercarriage, flaps and exhausts went on, I cut out and cleaned up the resin props for the inboard engines and assembled the Wyvern props. And now it's ready to mask and paint.

Couldn't resist seeing how it looks with the props attached - here you go:

Lincoln WIP

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 10

Hi Julian,

Looks great. Twisted rear fuselages seem to be the norm in this GB - my Lincoln was slightly out as well!

Cheers

Pete

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hi Julian,

Looks great. Twisted rear fuselages seem to be the norm in this GB - my Lincoln was slightly out as well!

Cheers

Pete

Yes it’s very hard to get it perfectly straight, I thought mine was pretty good but then it really shows up when you add the tailplanes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zebra said:

Lincoln WIP

Magnificent!  

But my Laptop just shorted out from all the drool on it seeing something I wasn't able to achieve!  

(I do have a Question (or Kwestion as Niki Lauda would say) though but I'll hold it back in case it's something you are still to do and I look even more stupid than I am.)  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rob S said:

Magnificent!  

But my Laptop just shorted out from all the drool on it seeing something I wasn't able to achieve!  

(I do have a Question (or Kwestion as Niki Lauda would say) though but I'll hold it back in case it's something you are still to do and I look even more stupid than I am.)  

Thanks Rob but please ask! What have I forgotten?

My God!!! what a work or art, a contraption none the less, however certainly something to be very proud of.

You really have taken the word ‘unique’ to a different level and that goes doubly for your Herc engined build as well. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Painted. But with one stuff-up - I let a drop of medium sea grey fall out of the cup and onto the model - and quite a large drop too. A bit of touching up to do tomorrow.

Lincoln WIP

• Like 7

On 5/2/2020 at 10:43 AM, zebra said:

Thanks Rob but please ask! What have I forgotten?

It was more of a query about how you were going to treat the flap area in the two regions of the Python exhausts?  

I didn’t have any detail photos when I was looking at doing mine so I was just going to copy what they did on a Viper augmented Shackleton where it looks like the flap area just behind each exhaust is made “non droppable” resulting in what looks like split or probably more accurately described as segmented flaps instead of one piece. 

Or like Murray Walker am I just misinterpreting the whole thing?  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rob S said:

It was more of a query about how you were going to treat the flap area in the two regions of the Python exhausts?  

I didn’t have any detail photos when I was looking at doing mine so I was just going to copy what they did on a Viper augmented Shackleton where it looks like the flap area just behind each exhaust is made “non droppable” resulting in what looks like split or probably more accurately described as segmented flaps instead of one piece. 

Or like Murray Walker am I just misinterpreting the whole thing?  

Thanks Rob, I hadn’t thought about that. I’ve gone with flaps up anyway so probably only a matter of scribing a few lines. It does make sense that there would have been some modification to the flaps - seems unlikely that they’d have wanted the Python jetpipe blowing onto the flap.

On 2/23/2020 at 8:19 PM, zebra said:

Lincoln_RF403.jpg

Actually I'd forgotten you'd posted in your opening post the one photo that I had as reference showing the gap in the flaps where the Python exhaust is.  

• Like 1

Just now, Rob S said:

Actually I'd forgotten you'd posted in your opening post the one photo that I had as reference showing the gap in the flaps where the Python exhaust is.  

So had I!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zebra said:

So had I!

Well my excuse why I missed it (and seeing I've used up "The Dog ate my Homework!" too many times) is I'm mainly surfing on my Mobile as I'm still away from Home and it being too difficult some times to "spot" the Laptop off the Mobile and it really is hard to surf on the Mobile and get the full "picture"!  

(I am on the Laptop now though!)  

(Albeit briefly as I have to get back to 1:1 scale House painting!)  

• Like 1

Hi Zebra,

Coming along nicely. Blown flaps were are the rage later but in this case I think there would be too much "puff"!😁

Pete

• Haha 1

Just catching up on a few of this GB Builds and boy does this Lincoln job look the business Julian! Smashing results so far. Well done. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Matt finish done, masks off, and props painted. Unfortunately that drop of medium sea grey that fell on the model seems to have landed on the canopy and found a gap to go through so there's a bit of paint on the inside. For now I'm going to leave it - it's barely noticeable from some angles. I might take the canopy off and clean it later on.

Lincoln WIP

• Like 5

That’s looking very impressive Julian. You cannot tell that the overall kit it a make up of base model, AM conversion and 3D printed parts, it’s all blended in together rather beautifully. Well done.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That’s looking very impressive Julian. You cannot tell that the overall kit it a make up of base model, AM conversion and 3D printed parts, it’s all blended in together rather beautifully. Well done.

Cheers.. Dave 

Completely agree, also unique 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers.. Dave 

14 hours ago, woody37 said:

Completely agree, also unique 

Thanks both of you! Dave, you missed out Wyvern bits so there's a bit of kit-bashing in there too! 

36 minutes ago, zebra said:

Thanks both of you! Dave, you missed out Wyvern bits so there's a bit of kit-bashing in there too! 

Of course the Wyvern, how could I forget. Now that reminds me to send you a quick PM to check on a few things!
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Just read through this for the first time, what a superb build! I wouldn't have a clue how to design 3D parts on a computer so an extra tip of the hat there!

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Thanks 1