Westland Lynx HMA 8

Pappy

On 6/17/2020 at 9:01 AM, Bell209 said:

No pictures visible in your last post, Pappy. Love what you've done to date, though!

G'day Rob,

I think I have fixed the issue, could someone confirm the pics are now visible?

cheers,

Pappy

10 hours ago, Martian said:

Just caught up with this Pappy, smashing work.

Martian 👽

Thanks Martian, I think we started about the same time so in effect I have also caught up to you?

G'day people,

Well I have been getting back into the groove and made some good progress today, applying many of the small and fiddly exterior PE bits and pieces,

004(4).JPG

001(3).JPG

005(4).JPG

003(6).JPG

002(5).JPG

Only a few more things to do sort out before I can start the painting stage,

cheers,

Pappy

• Like 5

On 6/19/2020 at 10:09 AM, Martian said:

You seem to be a bit ahead of me Pappy. I am still slowly painting up the interior.

Martian 👽

Well no wonder you are behind if you are painting slowly :P

013(1).JPG

Only a small update today, some PE bits have been added to the interior of the cockpit doors. They will still need the interior and exterior PE handles, but these will be added after painting and prior to attaching to the fuselage as they will be too delicate.

• Haha 1

G'day all,

Another incremental update,

The cabin doors have had some attention paid to them. The kit instructions would have you sand away the delicate details provided on the insides of the cabin doors just to replace with a large brass sheet that is only a moderate improvement (at best) with all the attendant problems of gluing and alignment using CA.  That seemed like a fool's errand (IMHO anyway) especially when these doors will be installed in the slid back position so any additional detail will be mostly hidden so I opted to just paint the details instead - though I did use the pre-painted window frame, emergency release lever and data placard provided in the PE set

002(7).JPG

The exterior faces were dressed up with a PE window frame. I also need to add a coupe of PE handles but as with the cockpit doors, these will be added once all the painting is completed due to their delicate nature

001(5).JPG

Looking at the magnified pic I have only just realised that the window frame on the left cabin door (the right one in the above pic) is actually upside down. I think I will leave it as I think removing it and re-applying will probably result is damage so the bite is not worth the chew in this instance.

cheers,

Pappy

Edited by Pappy
  • Like 3

G'day people,

The lower corners of the exterior cabin windows have small handles at their corners as the windows are designed to be removable in an emergency. The exterior PE set provides these however, I  thought I had lost these forever and would have to scratch some replacements but luckily I was able to wrestle them back from the jaws of the dreaded carpet monster!

001(8).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bo

Note- two of these are not yet attached as I only just found them!

cheers,

Pappy

Edited by Pappy