Accurate Armour 1/35th Snatch Land Rover

Bish

My first armour completion of the year is my first 35th resin vehicle. Accurate Armour's Snatch Land Rover N Ireland version. I really liked this, not the easiest kit, a few issues with the chassis, but over al went together week. Painted with my own Tamita mix. Added a figure and checkpoint sign also from AA.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Nicely done, I love the camouflaged soldier, superbly carried out, I was out there on the Shankill/Crumlin Road when our uniforms were just green combats, American Mk1 flak vest, normal tin hat with a plastic visor on it...……..brings back a lot of memories.  Having built a fair few of AA kits I know how difficult they can be.  The build is a credit to you

Thanks guys. God to see a few N Ireland vets here. Ozzy, i know what you mean. Ray, gladly i was out there when we had the lighter CBA. I will deffinetly be doing more of there kits.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 8:36 PM, rayprit said:

Nicely done, I love the camouflaged soldier, superbly carried out, I was out there on the Shankill/Crumlin Road when our uniforms were just green combats, American Mk1 flak vest, normal tin hat with a plastic visor on it...……..brings back a lot of memories.  Having built a fair few of AA kits I know how difficult they can be.  The build is a credit to you

Interestingly I have photos of myself in same, green combats, normal tin hat with visor and American flak jacket. Except I was an Irish army reservist on the other side of the border. We had Landrovers too but ours weren't armoured. We wore almost identical uniforms but of course no one was shooting as us. They'd shout abuse at us of course when we went into town. But slings and arrows etc..... 

We were lucky you guys and a few friends of mine did the hard yards.