*done* I hope I will not end up with a POS...

vppelt68

I'm a bit late to the party with this one, but here's the 1960's Revell POS Lanc, also buildable as Q Queenie...

I think the artwork is by Brian Knight. It rivals some of Roy Crosses blood and guts efforts for Airfix!

IMG-1025.jpg

I would add it here as a build thread but it's a bit more than 25% built.

The kit is a bit on the chunky side with rivets to rival a battleship. Opening bomb doors and a relief bomb load inside them. Dropping flaps as well!  It's very much of its time but I like 'em like that.

Tony.

Edited by TonyW
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, TonyW said:

I'm a bit late to the party with this one, but here's the 1960's Revell POS Lanc, also buildable as Q Queenie...

I think the artwork is by Brian Knight. It rivals some of Roy Crosses blood and guts efforts for Airfix!

IMG-1025.jpg

I would add it here as a build thread but it's a bit more than 25% built.

The kit is a bit on the chunky side with rivets to rival a battleship. Opening bomb doors and a relief bomb load inside them. Dropping flaps as well!  It's very much of its time but I like 'em like that.

Tony.

Ah it's all so relative, I'm sure nobody here will protest if your build is regarded 26% started, so set your build thread running :thumbsup:

V-P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great to have you along Tony. This was my very first Lancaster kit (10 year birthday I believe) so it will be great to see both this kit and your modelling talents displayed again within this GB. Thanks V-P, for accomodating this one. 

Cheers and good luck.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, I thought I had missed the boat here.

I'll start a thread tomorrow with pictures of the current condition of the kit. It's been waiting its turn for a few years now and it will be good to actually finish the plane.

I've been AWOL for a while now, giving my modelling shed a bit of a spring clean and a revamp. It's much more user friendly now and I'm looking forward to getting a few builds underway. Just as well really as it looks like I wont be going far for the immediate future!

Tony.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for being AWOL for a long time! Working from home has meant better concentration on actual work than usually, in the commotion of the office. Funny :hmmm:. On the other hand, since I've stopped working for the day, there has been little interest in continuing social affairs or anything on-line! But building models I have continued, though increased reading activity has conquered some of its allotted time. Any hoo, here´s a blurry pic of how my POS stands today:

2020-03-31_09-18-18

The fuselage top is ready for a second layer of Dark Earth and Dark Green (though I use Hu 116 Matt US Dark Green). I cut the wing spar ends so I can assemble the wings separately and then slip them on the remaining spars when I see time is right for it. No doubt I lost some of the integrity and sturdiness in the construction... but it´s a plastic model kit, not an actual airplane! The tail is also painted and ready for the assembly, but I won´t be joining them to the fuselage until later, very much later! The radiator exit pieces were assembled and spot painted, then I assembled the nacelles around them. The rest of the painting can be done while painting the nacelles. It was quite therapeutic to pick an usually wide brush and paint those flattish wing under surfaces with a fresh tin of Hu 33, which was of a very good quality. It looks like both Humbrol and Revell produce very good enamel paints nowadays :thumbsup:.

So what´s up next? Adding the upper fuselage camouflage and joining the wing halves. The inner nacelles need their insides painted. I may try attaching the main gear legs while they are better accessible, that means before the nacelles are added around them. The outer nacelles are already good to go where they belong! The tail parts are also on the to-be-glued-together list.

Good luck with your builds, take care of your health and stay at home 🙏. V-P

• Like 5

Good to see you back V-P. Another build coming along nicely and constructed in your usual method. Looks like you’ve gone for the higher demarcation line so glad you’ve gone that way with this one. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Looking great V-P. I agree about the tailplane design - it’s a really well engineered kit. I was also impressed with the way they’ve engineered the wing spars and undercarriage.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Dave... Too much things to write about in the 37 hours I have left to finish this one - but I'll make it one way or another!!! Here's the current status:

2020-05-30_10-30-37

Black paint needed. Loads of black paint needed, actually. Better get painting then! V-P

• Like 3

Nice to see this again V.P, hopefully you’ll make it in some fashion. I’m going backwards quickly with mine, however it will get finished one day, whether I grow to like it is another matter! 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Northing much missing from between and below these :rofl2:. Actually, the only parts yet unpainted are the main canopy and engine nacelle upper camouflage colour. Everything "black" is painted, also these three turrets. Now a cycling trip with the missus and then continue building! Must say, I love these Eduard masks 🥰. V-P

2020-05-31_12-04-04

• Like 1

It's great to see this one finished in the Gallery V-P, and it's very fitting that you should be the one to close the party. 

Thanks again for hosting such an entertaining Group Build :goodjob:

Cheers

• Thanks 1