Horten Go229 ideas

Adam Poultney

I'm quite liking the idea of doing some more luft46 stuff, and a Horten Go229 is at the top of that list of things to do. A fictional variant for sure, I'm just thinking what to do with it... I want something plausible for the aircraft not complete fantasy, I'm thinking perhaps a fighter bomber variant given Hitler's insistence on the Me262 carrying bombs.

I'm also looking for ideas for interesting colour schemes that would likely have been applied, initially I was thinking all natural metal just out of the factory, perhaps not quite complete, but then I remembered it's made of wood... a scheme similar to my P.1099 (at the end of the post) would be good but I'd like to try something different.

Any other ideas, particularly ones that won't require any too challenging modifications to the Revell 1/72 kit which is what I plan to use as a basis for this. 

My P.1099 was quite a fun build and I really like the result of the build, it has also to my surprise become my most popular post on my modelling Instagram page by a long way 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hook said:

Since you plan a Jabo version - Eastern Front white squiggle and underslung cannon gondola?

Cheers,

Andre

That sounds like an idea.... I can probably source cannons from a Bf109 kit easily enough, think white would look good on the 229

I have one in the stash that I was thinking of adding a couple of Ruhrstahl X-4 missiles to. I have two from Freightdog and a couple more from a Dragon Messerschmitt Me P.1101 Nachtjäger kit.

Chris

For an underside colour you could use that which seems to have no RLM number, but was very similar to Sky.  And of course you can give it a new number!

It seems to have been used, according to various decal sheets such as Eagel Cal #4 where is merely called Blue Green, on late Fw190D's 

31 minutes ago, Denford said:

It seems to have been used, according to various decal sheets such as Eagel Cal #4 where is merely called Blue Green, on late Fw190D's 

it is documented, from wrecks, and some colour images, like this

note the cowl ring is what what 76 usually look like, the rest is the greeny 'sky' version

44497660472_f43e76bf13_o.jpgFw 190 A-8 Gefr Walter Wagener 5 Sturm JG4 Saint Trond 01-01-1945 JEC 07075 by Jeffrey Ethell Collection, on Flickr

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

it is documented, from wrecks, and some colour images, like this

note the cowl ring is what what 76 usually look like, the rest is the greeny 'sky' version

44497660472_f43e76bf13_o.jpgFw 190 A-8 Gefr Walter Wagener 5 Sturm JG4 Saint Trond 01-01-1945 JEC 07075 by Jeffrey Ethell Collection, on Flickr

Cap at a very jaunty angle... 

Nice to see a wurger in colour 🤗

• Like 1