Greetings from Wiltshire

Blackmike

Good morning all

I’ve been a Britmodeller member since 9 January this year but have only just got around to introducing myself now.

I’m retired and live in the south west of the UK, and began building models (Airfix) when they were sold in plastic bags for two shillings a pop in Woolworth’s (there - that dates me)!  I carried on until my mid-twenties when an unhealthy obsession with authenticity  - especially paint schemes - caused me to give up.  Thankfully, I came back - more sensible and relaxed - in later years!

I build whatever takes my fancy: aircraft, ships, AFVs - I even have a Williams 1/8 scale Pratt & Whitney Wasp engine in my stash.  I’m very much an average modeller but love to research and learn historical and technical details about my projects, to try new techniques, and to ‘stretch’ myself.  I’ve just ‘restored’ two 1/72 aircraft (a Mustang and a Thunderbolt) which can be found in RFI here.

Currently ‘on the bench’ are a 1/35 SU-85 AFV with full interior (MiniArt), a 1/48 Supacat Jackal AFV {Airfix), and a 1/72 Gloster Meteor F.8 vacform from Rareplane.

I hope very much to be looking, listening and learning - and helping others if I possibly can!

Mike

• Like 2

Alright mike, how be!(Wiltshire talk!) nice to se another West Country boy on the forum, l think a lot of us have .taken you route and have now come back to the hobby after some time away, changed a lot ain’t it!

• Like 1

Good evening Farmer Boy, John, Dennis, Chris and Steve - just a brief note to thank you all for your warm welcome to Britmodeller.  I look forward to getting to know you all in future months. Wishing you all the best and happy modelling!

Mike

• Like 2