Hasegawa 1/48 SH-3H Seaking. Convert to Royal Navy HC4

LaurieS

24 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

Um - it appears you've glued the two halves together, Laurie...

....but without opening the port aft cabin window location first?

Correct but magic is at work Andy. 😃🤣

Laurie

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

Um - it appears you've glued the two halves together, Laurie...

....but without opening the port aft cabin window location first?

And there it is. How did that happen.😃

http://PMzyWY.jpg

Well the idiot who forgot got a good kicking which woke him up.

Cargo door shut. Ummm.

Opened it up cut out a window slot & inserted port window through open cargo door.

Two successes, window in, also the cargo door will now remain open with one of the crew, a Lynx PG crewman, sitting on the edge with cargo in the doorway.

Laurie

• Like 9

Nice save on the window - though I'm not entirely sure if a Falklands-era aircraft would have had a bubble window...

....but what it definitely wouldn't have had was the fuselage strake, which is what it appears the brass thing above is...

....nor the various lumps and bumps such as those boxes; 1982 aircraft were very 'clean' - the external kit came later...

Edited by andyf117

2 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Nice save on the window - though I'm not entirely sure if a Falklands-era aircraft would have had a bubble window...

....but what it definitely wouldn't have had was the fuselage strake, which is what it appears the brass thing above is...

....nor the various lumps and bumps such as those boxes; 1982 aircraft were very 'clean' - the external kit came later...

Well this one is certainly having it Andy. Probably a whole lot of things which were not on it.

But there you go just love adding things. It gives me enjoyment. So there you go. Best not

to worry about it Andy.

Actually the helicopters were very dirty down there. They were landing & taking off on very

slimy wet spongy peaty ground.

Laurie

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Amazing the difference the Flightpath PE makes. I'm also a big fan of both the company products and Mr Parkins himself.

Glad you're going to make an interesting subject to your liking. Although it's incredibly helpful to have experts on board, sometimes you just want to build what you feel like building!

Alan

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

Nice project to follow!

Thanks EX very nice to have you on board 😃

3 hours ago, Alan P said:

Amazing the difference the Flightpath PE makes. I'm also a big fan of both the company products and Mr Parkins himself.

Glad you're going to make an interesting subject to your liking. Although it's incredibly helpful to have experts on board, sometimes you just want to build what you feel like building!

Alan

Thanks Alan. Yes FlightPath is the tops. David Parkins a top notch bloke. Yes I do keep as much as possible

to being authentic but it is like kid seeing an ice lolly I want one.

2 hours ago, andyf117 said:

I'm glad I said I wasn't "entirely sure" about the bubble window - I had a suspicion it might be either or, and it was, as seen here with bubble in-flight, plain on the deck:

Thanks Andy. Memory not good at my age but thought I had checked.

Got a mint of photos. Problem, as always, no body dates the stuff. Very confusing

to say the least.

There are also so many variants of the HC4 some in the same period. Regret at times

I just say to hell with it I will just do as I feel. I know you will give me a kick for that.  😃

Thanks all for looking in very much appreciated. Living in jersey Channel Isles nobody to

share my stuff with so this is ideal.

Laurie

It’s looking excellent, but if I were you I’d paint it as a later HC4.  Gulf War, maybe?  I know you’ve already acknowledged this, but loads of post-82 stuff there - including the sand filter.  Ain’t much risk from flying sand in the Falklands...

Still, your model, so you can add a tail gunner for all it’s got to do with me! -  and and she’s shaping up beautifully

I quite fancy building this one, one day.  [Awaiting a replacement tail pylon after a tail-strike in San Carlos]

HC4 awaiting tail pylon in Falklands, 1982

...and here it is going on:

HC4 VS field tail pylon change, Falklands 1982

The spare pylon was a blue one from a Mk.5, so it was pretty easy to pick out VS thereafter!

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

It’s looking excellent, but if I were you I’d paint it as a later HC4.  Gulf War, maybe?  I know you’ve already acknowledged this, but loads of post-82 stuff there - including the sand filter.  Ain’t much risk from flying sand in the Falklands...

Still, your model, so you can add a tail gunner for all it’s got to do with me! -  and and she’s shaping up beautifully

I quite fancy building this one, one day.  [Awaiting a replacement tail pylon after a tail-strike in San Carlos]

HC4 awaiting tail pylon in Falklands, 1982

...and here it is going on:

HC4 VS field tail pylon change, Falklands 1982

The spare pylon was a blue one from a Mk.5, so it was pretty easy to pick out VS thereafter!

Thanks for your reply FAAWAFU

But I am not, as I used to be, an authentic chappy. . I already have one which is in my Afghanistan diorama.

Got another in the post. May at some time get the post Falklands SeaKing which Hasegawa produce.

But at the moment it is £80 . 

The third. which is in the post was about £35 with postage. That one will be part of a Widawake diorama.

Apologies cannot guarantee it will be authentic. I really am a failure.

Thanks for looking in love you pictures. Keep them coming.

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Even the pretty in pink ones had hardly any lumps and bumps...

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andyf117 said:

Even the pretty in pink ones had hardly any lumps and bumps...

spacer.png

Arr but the Laurie special does 😇

It was a SeaKing which I had specially kitted up. All bits designed by myself.

You may not have seen it as it was so special. In fact it was incognito, as well as being in the Falklands. 🤣

As I was 40 years old at that time they would not let me fly it back to England. Probably still there but someone has nicked all the lumps & bumps off it tut disgraceful 😃

Laurie

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, phildagreek said:

Looking good! Really neat PE work, you have much greater patience than me, I’ve given up using it now.

Thanks Phil. Really is worth it. I am 81 so you should be able to persevere. 😄

Laurie

• Like 1

Coming on really nicely, great PE work. 

Nice to see you persevering graciously. If it was me, I'd have added a Mr Whippy ice cream van cone to the front and had it sling loading a flower power VW camper van by now 😇

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Coming on really nicely, great PE work. 

Nice to see you persevering graciously. If it was me, I'd have added a Mr Whippy ice cream van cone to the front and had it sling loading a flower power VW camper van by now 😇

Now now you naughty man.

I actually have a field gun on order which will be slung from the hoist.

Not sure if I mentioned it here, old age memory tend to repeat. On my diorama about eight feet in length I will be suspending.

the Seaking from the shelf over the diorama which i think will give a nice dramatic lift ha ha with the gun being lifted.

Sorry no ice cream vans Al. they were a little scarce in the Falklands. Plus at that time everything was freezing. I think hot coffee

was the favourite. Although I suspect there was a bottle or two to prepare a hot whisky toddy.

Laurie

• Like 2
  • Haha 1