"Revel/Heller" 1/72 T6G finished as a Noorduyn Harvard IIB

Dear all,

another small project comes to a close for this newbie (returnee to the hobby), so I thought I'd just post a short thread over here to close-off my small Harvard project that started off as a Revel (reboxed Heller) 1:72 T6G but with a few modifications was able to be presented in the end as something closer to what the RAF would have used in the form of a Noorduyn Harvard 2B (IIB). I tracked progress and discussions over on a WIP thread (below) and these images did conclude that; but I thought that I ought to pop something here for those just looking to see the end result. Was it worth it? Yes, probably. I have to deal with these thing in real life and understanding the subtle differences in the models is useful when working through the history of individual airframes. It served as a useful little project to try some new (to me) techniques and finishes, and yes, it'll do.

Next up will be a quick (ish) build of two Airfix Hurricane 1s that I'll finish in BoB era markings (with the anniversary approaching)... whilst I await the arrival if a fine molds F14 kit from Japan that I'll spend a little more time on - the big Ed set has already arrived in the post. Should be fun.

WIP

Some pics of the end result:

49542067278_6d3fe7e1c9_h.jpgHarvard IIB by Jonathan Hughes, on Flickr

49544828767_665aeecc98_h.jpgHarvard from the rear by Jonathan Hughes, on Flickr

49549524396_4dd6082348_h.jpgHarvard, from above by Jonathan Hughes, on Flickr

and

49565489928_401198883c_h.jpgHarvard underside by Jonathan Hughes, on Flickr

Thanks for reading

Jonathan

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

Hard to believe it's not the 1/48 Monogram kit! Very nicely done and photographed, too!:clap2: Really enjoyed your WIP, as well.

Mike

Thanks Mike .... I am quite pleased with how it's turned out, but that's the sort of comment that helps convince me that maybe i'm not mad and it is all worth it 😉