2nd Airbrush Recommendations

Tony Davis

My first airbrush is a Badger Renegade Velocity, with a 0.21mm needle. I like it, but find covering larger areas to be a bit long-winded. I was hoping for some recommendations for a 2nd Airbrush that would spray larger areas, such as 1/48th scale tree foliage (I use white poly-fibre and spray it to represent fine branches and leaves), and 1/48th aircraft camouflage.

I'm not going to lie, I don't want to pay a fortune, but then I don't want something cheap with a pre-bent needle or that will only last five minutes. I would prefer gravity feed, just because I am used to it.

I spray with acrylics, usually Vallejo air, but I will use com-art paints as well.

regards,

Tony

• Like 1

Aye up Tony.

Ive just got a Sparmax GP50 for spraying base coats and such. Its a pistol grip trigger airbrush as my finger and wrist were aching when using a 'standard' type brush for long periods. Not had chance to try it yet but have had a play with one in the past and liked it. I've also got the H&S Ultra which is a great piece of kit too. Retail for the Sparmax is around £90 but can be had cheaper if you shop around a bit.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 2