This is the last of my Hasegawa  Hurricanes from my stash It is finished as P3585, one of the third production batch and issued to 213 Squadron. On August 11th 1940 whilst being flown by Sgt E.G. Snowden, she was involved in combat with the Luftwaffe and after  claiming a  Bf 110, P3585 was hit and landed on Lulworth Tank Ranges. She was later repaired and issued to 303 Squadron. Snowden survived the war only to crash a civilian Anson after  hitting the Chain Home towers at Ventnor 1947.

20200221_111327[1]

The kit is straight from the box with the exception of the Propellor which came from my spares and some seat belt. I kept weathering to a minimum as the machine was only recently delivered so just some wear and tear by the ammunition panels and the wing root and some exhaust stains. 

20200221_111317[1]

The decals were a mix of kit and Xtradecals, I think the M is too wide but I can live with it.

20200221_111304[1]

Thank you for looking.

• Like 17

Looking good, nice Camo painting. How did you do it ?I’ve been trying to get a Hurricane kit for ages, they are thin on the ground.

Edited by Faraway

Just masked it with Tamiya tape  and sprayed it. The Hasegawa Mk I seems to have vanished from the shops, and the Airfix Battle of Britain boxing is du for re release later this year.. All the bits to do any Mk I are in the Sea Hurricane or Desert boxing of the Airfix kit though.

• Thanks 1