2004 Corvette Z06 Le Mans Commemorative edition, Revell, 1/25

Thanks, guys! @keefr22 The paint is Zero "Corvette Le Mans Blue", which is intended for the Compuware sponsored C.5R class winning Le Mans Corvette. From what I could gather online, the 2004 Z06 Le Mans Commemorative Edition used the same colour paint in tribute: it certainly looks the part compared to the real thing. As for the ride height, maybe, but it doesn't look too egregious to my eye:

ch1014-195864_2.jpg

It wouldn't be very easy to alter, since the upper wishbones are moulded on the main chassis and the one-piece lower frame mouldings are quite hefty castings. The attachment of wheels to kingpin (also moulded with the chassis and wishbone) would be hard to move as well...

Overall, my rule of thumb is that on real roadworthy (as opposed to stanced) cars, these days, the gap around the wheel in the arch is as wide as the tyre sidewall is deep, and the curve of the arch should be concentric with the curve of the wheel and tyre for most of its length, with a bit of flare at the lower corners...

best,

M.

• Like 1

Also, @keefr22 thinking about it, one thing I did do that I think works really well and I recommend highly is to flow Citadel Contrast Paint "Leviadon Blue" into the panel and shut lines after painting the base coat but before applying clear. It's densely pigmented, flows easily and moves by capillary action along the lines. Being water based it's easy to tidy up and not affected by the solvent in the clear coat. Contrast Paint comes in a host of colours, and many of darker ones can be used for this purpose on a range of base coat colour families. There's also a black and a dark grey for when you just want really dark lines...

best,

M.

• Like 1

Excellent Matt I particularly like the engine detail looks great. As like me you use 2k clear can I recommend you try gravity paints 2k clear. I used the gravity 2k for the first time the other day and imo it is superior to the zero diamond. Never thought I'd say that but the gravity clear is next level mate 👍

Regards Andy 

59 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Interesting, @Andy J where do you get it from in the UK?

best,

M.

Unfortunately it isn't available in the UK as far as I know. I got mine from gravity colours Spain €12 for the 2K and approx €8 postage, arrived in 4 days pretty good imo. A bit of a hassle to get hold of I suppose but worth it. 

Great job on the Z06. I went with a darker blue on mine. You can see it in my post mid-January with my Jaguar XKE. 

One question, what paint did you use on the C7 in the last picture?  I have that kit and want to do it in Shark Gray. Yours looks very close to my eye.