Panther Ausf.D question

vaoinas

Hello,

I have a Takom Panther Ausf.D early/mid 2in1 set (Takom no. 2103) in my stash and I slowly prepare for building it. 
The set has details for early and mid versions, but it does not specify, which features go with which version. Nor does the painting schemes specify the versions.

Could anyone point out the main differences between early and mid versions and what to keep in mind when going with either of these?

Thanks, 

Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas

If you are looking to build a specific vehicle, you will have to rely on photos (if they exist).    I say this because there is no hard line drawn where early ends and mid version begins.   A list of changes in chart form can be found here:

http://www.panther1944.de/index.php/en/sdkfz-171-pzkpfwg-panther/technik/technical-changes

regards,

Jack

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, JackG said:

If you are looking to build a specific vehicle, you will have to rely on photos (if they exist).    I say this because there is no hard line drawn where early ends and mid version begins.   A list of changes in chart form can be found here:

http://www.panther1944.de/index.php/en/sdkfz-171-pzkpfwg-panther/technik/technical-changes

regards,

Jack

Oh, thank you, Jack. That helps a lot. 

Short and simple....

Both have bin shaped turrets

Very early has smoke canisters

The real question is how early, how late, how mid?

As said before  easier to find a pic and replicate that, as the smaller details can be all over the place (stuff like tow hook orientation) and can differ even between manufacturers

Edited by Bozothenutter