Recomendations for a specific M4?

Relic213

Hello everyone,

I want to build a specific ALCO produced M4 (2/66 'Hurricane' with wading stacks). It's a small hatch hull with a one piece FDA, I can't find a kit with that mix of features. Is there one that I've missed or do I need to cobble parts together?

If I do have to source my own parts I'll be somewhat fine, I have a couple of the Tamiya E8s with one piece FDAs that I could cannibalize but still need a small hatch M4. Tamiya also make a small hatch A3 but with the engine deck differences between the M4 and the A3s I would prefer a small hatch M4 kit instead.

I'd appreciate any advice or guidance on where to move forward.

oopps, sorry about the triple post,  is there an echo in the thread room?

Yeah my bad on the suggestion of the A2, for some reason my brain centered on the middle of the Sherman minutia site and did not look at the M4 column.  As per TMD,  I imagine the reason they made those 1/35 products was for the simple reason there were no boxings of the ALCO available at that time.  They quote Asuka model no. 35-012, which was released 2008.

There's a two year old thread here  talking of kit bashing 'Hurricane' together, so that may indicate there still is no complete ALCO in kit form?

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/viewtopic.php?p=1522926#p1522926

Anyhow, found a larger image of the resin hull package:

1185501-16323-18-1080.jpg

regards,

Jack

Greatly appreciated, Jack. Yeah Shermans get confusing sometimes, I think I double checked 'Son of Sherman' about 10 times before posting. Didn't know about TMD and may end up getting that upper hull you linked to, depends on how different Tamiya's M4 is.