1/32 Trumpeter Intruder, KA-6D Conversion.

Wafu

Hi,

As the title says this is my attempted at the large tadpole. I didn't want to build the more commonly seen bombed up version, so whilst looking around I discovered the Steel Beach conversion for the Intruder tanker version, the KA-6D.

The kit also see's the addition of the Avionix cockpit set, the SAC centreline tank and the excellent AOA decal sets for the aircraft and stencil data. Additionally I used a mix of Alclad, Tamiya and Mr Hobby paints. A Dark Dirt Flory wash was used to dirty down this well used fueler. The last trinket was the Eduard Remove Before Flight tags in both 48th and 32nd, not seen in these photo's but added later;)

IMG_1330

IMG_1327

IMG_1328

IMG_1336

IMG_1337

IMG_1331

IMG_1329

And one just now with the RBF's installed.

IMG_5442

• Like 52

I'm a huge Intruder fan and this is one of my very favourite Squadron schemes - great conversion / build and even better to see one that isn't loaded down with racks and racks of ordnance. Well modelled, sir.

Ian.

• Like 2

Very nicely done sir. VA-65 was my best friends squadron in the 6th fleet for his time in the USN. His plane was a bomber version. Thank you for posting.

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 2

Lovely Intruder, I have the Italieri EA6B awaiting some accumulated skills and some thoughtful aftermarket gifts. It terrifies me to even start it, then I see such a build as terrific as yours and the urge to start it keeps me awake at night again.

Lovely job!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wafu said:

Yeah, yours is better though 👍

You've achieved one of those builds that makes me go and buy the kit. Really, really good 👏👏👏

• Like 1