H.34 Sikorsky .

shark 64

1 hour ago, shark 64 said:

tarted detailing the backwall but i cant find tight photos of the control linkages in front of tower.  Anyone has any by any chance.

are you talking about the 4 jacks around the gearbox?  if so, there's some good pics in the walkround section.

never thought of looking in the Walkaround section. a bunch of great photos.  I am looking for any photos of the control linkages right behind the cockpit wall. 

there's no control linkages as such behind the cockpit wall.   

The MRGB has 4 hydraulic jacks attached which tilt the swash plate as required, then there's a drive shaft exiting the gearbox heading towards the tail rotor, then another shaft exiting trom the two gnome engines coming up through the cabin at an angle and entering the lower front of the MRGB 

There are very few photos of those areas - I searched for years and ended up doing most of it from memory.

Oh... just remembered... check out @Tramatoa's thread - there should be photos in there you can use

1 hour ago, hendie said:

there's no control linkages as such behind the cockpit wall.   

The MRGB has 4 hydraulic jacks attached which tilt the swash plate as required, then there's a drive shaft exiting the gearbox heading towards the tail rotor, then another shaft exiting trom the two gnome engines coming up through the cabin at an angle and entering the lower front of the MRGB 

There are very few photos of those areas - I searched for years and ended up doing most of it from memory.

Oh... just remembered... check out @Tramatoa's thread - there should be photos in there you can use

Thanks for the link. 

Last photos are helping.

I think so. It should tilt forwards, if memory serves. Also, rotor brake? Or is it supposed to be that bit with the curly black wires on top?

My memory gets confused between the Wessex and Puma transmissions though, they were both a long time ago. 

11 hours ago, shark 64 said:

Is the transmission tower backwards.?

No.  Fly have just really screwed the whole thing up. The real gearbox looks nothing like that and because they have the cabin ceiling height/ transmission platform height wrong, the angles of the shaft couplings on the gearbox are wrong too.  The gearbox actually sits raised off the floor by just enough space to get your forearm in

Pete is right, I think the gearbox is tilted 3 degrees and isn't it also offset to port slightly on the 1:1?

doesn't the rotor brake sit further forward Pete?

1 hour ago, hendie said:

The gearbox actually sits raised off the floor by just enough space to get your forearm in

A bit late to this party, this illustrates Hendie's description of how the gearbox is held off the floor by a quad-frame housing.

spacer.png

Here is a view of one removed from fuselage and shows the gap between floor and bottom of gearbox.

spacer.png

It also shows the support legs appear to be shorter on the left, which I believe is the front, giving an forward inclination.  The two supports on the left have been placed on bricks, to keep the gearbox on a vertical axis.

Also noticeable are coloured bands around the rotor head, denoting each rotor connection.

Mike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bootneck said:

A bit late to this party, this illustrates Hendie's description of how the gearbox is held off the floor by a quad-frame housing.

all of which amplifies just how much Fly screwed up.

• Like 1

From the Hendie exposition I got the impression that if Fly made a model of an assembly for the model the polite thing to do is stare at it and give it some attention

Then throw it away and make one that looks like the thing on the airframe

I love your detailing, very impressive  👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3