H.34 Sikorsky .

shark 64

On 4/23/2020 at 8:55 AM, NavyWessex said:

Excellent attention to detail.

I have the HU.5 version if this kit but have heard mixed reviews on it's construction. Can it be built fairly well from the box without any scratch building?

Although nowhere near the level of miniature engineering taking place here, I'm going to leave this image of my build for you to decide 

This is straight out the box with the exception of the rotor fold set, exhaust set and having been dropped on the floor and rebuilt. 

spacer.png

• Like 13

11 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

Although nowhere near the level of miniature engineering taking place here, I'm going to leave this image of my build for you to decide 

This is straight out the box with the exception of the rotor fold set, exhaust set and having been dropped on the floor and rebuilt. 

that is one beautiful Wessex.  Turned out really sharp. well done.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

That is lovely.  I especially lie the way that you've recreated the cover for the air intake.  How did you do that if I may ask?

Also what's that device just in front of the starboard mainwheel?  is it some from of night sun?  Never seen that before on a Wessex

Perfect! can I ask what wash are you using? 

23 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

That is lovely.  I especially lie the way that you've recreated the cover for the air intake.  How did you do that if I may ask?

Also what's that device just in front of the starboard mainwheel?  is it some from of night sun?  Never seen that before on a Wessex

Chewbacca Not wishing to detract from the superb work going on this thread so ill keep it short. 

The kit has a resin intake cover which I originally used but after I dropped it, it landed squarely on its nose cracking the said resin part.

The good thing about resin is that it breaks cleanly so I pieced it back together as best I could then covered the whole thing with toilet paper soaked in diluted PVA. left to dry then paint. 

The securing elastics are EZ line. 

The kit also comes with a representation of the Nite Sun searchlight and associated bracketry. As you say, don't see them attached often so I thought why not? 

• 3 weeks later...

so until the nose is finished i am starting on my second helicopter, the Huskie h43 for the vietnam dio.. The lynx went back into the box for now. Will post later in the build. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CJP said:

Hi shark 64 - it is nice to spend some time just looking at the astonishing detail in your helicopter models - so neat & clean

CJP

Thanks dude

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Everyone.

Been a while since i posted here.  I started on the Huskie and will  finish it before i get back on the H.34. 

Oliver

20210227_152432.jpg

Edited by shark 64
  • Like 8

• 4 weeks later...