H.34 Sikorsky .

shark 64

G'day Oliver,

That is very nie work indeed. 

I believe that the cabin floor was fitted with a load spreader, essentially a plywood doubler to protect it as it was suseptible to damage.  Although the kit supplied cabin floor is nicely detailed (and no doubt you will do your usual exeplary job in binging out all that detail)  I don't believe it would be accurate. 

cheers,

Pappy

58 minutes ago, Pappy said:

G'day Oliver,

That is very nie work indeed. 

I believe that the cabin floor was fitted with a load spreader, essentially a plywood doubler to protect it as it was suseptible to damage.  Although the kit supplied cabin floor is nicely detailed (and no doubt you will do your usual exeplary job in binging out all that detail)  I don't believe it would be accurate. 

cheers,

Pappy

Any photos of that floor by any chance?

57 minutes ago, shark 64 said:

Any photos of that floor by any chance?

G'day Oliver,

Sorry, I don't have any of my own but I think that these are shown in the 4+ book if you have access to it. It essentially covers the cabin floor whith cut-outs for the tie down points, It may alos be worth a look through the roatry aircraft walkarounds here and places like Prime Portal?

cheers,

Pappy

1 hour ago, hendie said:

as Pappy says:  The floor was just plywood painted with grey non-slip paint.  I used basswood sheet in my build to replicate it

P5120020.jpg&key=4140eba558076a2aacb3172

Cant add plywood floor now. My rig would be too tall and not fit in the cabin.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shark 64 said:

Cant add plywood floor now. My rig would be too tall and not fit in the cabin.

I don't think too  many people will actually notice because of the distratcing eye candy above the floor 😊

cheers,

Pappy

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pappy said:

I don't think too  many people will actually notice because of the distratcing eye candy above the floor 😊

cheers,

Pappy

Thanks. 

Excellent work as always, I enjoy watching your wizardry with plasticard.

How thick was the plywood doubler? In this scale, a bit of clever trickery could replicate the look without adding to the thickness. With the sides on, not a lot would be visible to blow the illusion. But don't listen to me, all I can do is stick bits of a kit together and am grateful if I don't get glue fingerprints all over it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DonH said:

Excellent work as always, I enjoy watching your wizardry with plasticard.

How thick was the plywood doubler? In this scale, a bit of clever trickery could replicate the look without adding to the thickness. With the sides on, not a lot would be visible to blow the illusion. But don't listen to me, all I can do is stick bits of a kit together and am grateful if I don't get glue fingerprints all over it.

thanks so much for your input on the plywood, i so wished i had known before ( did not see it in my research photo) because i would have put it in. 

The work you are doing is cRaZy good. Totally inspiring me to make the MB Mk4 seat for my upcoming Venom build.  If it’s not rude, how did you make the seat cushion? Is it hollow? So bits of card to make a box? 
Thanks for any info.

I’ll tag along if you don’t mind this awe inspiring stuff. 🙌

Johnny. 

7 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

The work you are doing is cRaZy good. Totally inspiring me to make the MB Mk4 seat for my upcoming Venom build.  If it’s not rude, how did you make the seat cushion? Is it hollow? So bits of card to make a box? 
Thanks for any info.

I’ll tag along if you don’t mind this awe inspiring stuff. 🙌

Johnny. 

About the seat i made a frame first them added two small piece of styrene sheet  to make the seat pan. I rolled the top part with the handle of my exacto knive to give a bit of curve. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, shark 64 said:

Is this a door that opens or an escape hatch.?

It's not a door.   That window is removable in the event of emergency.  There's a black rubber strip (with infill) around the window and a webbing handle is attached to it - pull the webbing and the rubber infill pops out as does the window.  This is from my 1/48 build a few years ago

PC310014.JPG&key=efc38de750e25ee515d7946

The door handle looking thing is actually the stop for the sliding door.  The kit supplied PE is naff so I built my own - Fly also have it in the wrong location

P1260008.jpg

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, hendie said:

It's not a door.   That window is removable in the event of emergency.  There's a black rubber strip (with infill) around the window and a webbing handle is attached to it - pull the webbing and the rubber infill pops out as does the window.  This is from my 1/48 build a few years ago

PC310014.JPG&key=efc38de750e25ee515d7946

The door handle looking thing is actually the stop for the sliding door.  The kit supplied PE is naff so I built my own - Fly also have it in the wrong location

P1260008.jpg

Thanks. The info helps