Hello and so on...

makeshiftwings

I'm not good at short answers, especially when no one technically asked the question I'm trying to answer. For all practical purposes, I quit modeling a little over two years ago because people can be pretty terrible.

Of late, I've managed to get an equitable split with regards to custody of my and my ex-wife's son, he's given me permission to try dating after a couple years of adamant opposition and two nites ago, I sat down and finished a Meng F-102* that had been "almost" finished for probably three-ish years. Historically, I've built mostly aircraft and I've decided to restart, if you will, for real. I pulled out an Airfix SHar FA.2 that I'd not got into previously and a Trumpeter F-100D I started almost a decade ago. I'm really bad with people and I'm trying to improve, you lot seem patient and knowledgeable, so I'm going to do the thing.

Florian

*still working on getting something set up for sharing pictures, otherwise one would follow.

Hello Florian...:post1: from the windy city of Chicago. Im sorry you received a bad intro to the hobby last time. Sorry to hear of your Familial woes also. As for this Forum let me say its the only one I belong to, due in no small part to the kindness, camaraderie, and comic abilities of all the members. Yes there are a few bad apples here though they mostly don't chime in, lest the collective say something to them. When you set up photo sharing and do post you can request no negative feedback, constructive criticism, or leave it open to everything. People here will respect your wishes. If I can help with anything don't hesitate to ask. Ive been in your position as far as the Familial issues also, so if you need an ear to listen let me know ?  

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Hello from the Land Of Enchantment New Mexico USA. As Dennis and Chris have posted, Dennis hit the nail squarely and Chris has Dittoed as do I. Welcome and do not hesitate to ask. Generally the only question that goes unanswered is the one not asked.

All The Best

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1

I appreciate the welcome gentlemen. For the sake of clarity, the "people can be awful" bit was intended to be a reference to the whole divorce and child custody issue, not the fact that a lot of modelers are somewhat...eccentric. I've lurked in the forums here and there even while I wasn't building anything myself and have been absolutely blown away. 

I see people discussing Photobucket issues, is that still a thing? That was the first site I thought of but I see more than a few threads with strange pictures that really only have a Photobucket watermark visible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, makeshiftwings said:

I see people discussing Photobucket issues, is that still a thing? That was the first site I thought of but I see more than a few threads with strange pictures that really only have a Photobucket watermark visible.

Sadly the Photo-bucket thing is still not popular subject. Though @Gorby here has compiled quite a good bit of info on photo-hosting sites. 

You should be able to find something that works well for your needs/skills in there. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Welcome to the family my friend, I look forward to seeing some of your work.  For image sharing I use Imgur it seems to be faultless and easy to use, especially with the Community Extension for the Chrome browser, which makes uploading and linking pictures super easy.  And its free.

Paul

On 2/21/2020 at 3:21 AM, makeshiftwings said:

a lot of modelers are somewhat...eccentric.

Gidday, You got that right! 😁 Here certainly, but in a friendly way. Welcome aboard.

As for photo hosting, I'm using Flikr. My son recommended it and set it up for me - I know nothing of these things. I've been very satisfied with it, no watermarks across your photos, easy to use and you get 1000 photos for free. HTH. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1