1/350 Hobby Boss Danton

Krister

Hi there a new member and a newbe on ship building . I see that Michael M is building the same kit , but at another level . If I can get my build half as good as his , I`m glad .

So far I have glued the halves together , putting the gun rooms for the 75mm guns in place . As I could not find any reference photos of those rooms , I use my artistic licence 😬 . Added some doors and white walls and wooden floors . Not much will bee seen , but hey ho .

Also made a jig for building ships , that I can angle in different positions . Has also started with some pe work on the upper structure , as I am waiting for some aftermarket bits to arrive .

Here are some pics !spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Thats all for now , hope it all works , as this is my first post 🥴

Some more done , 47mm hotchkiss and some brass work on the upper structure . The guns were pretty fiddly , and I was scared to loose any to the carpet monster 😬 . So after the first one pinged off using the tweezer , I made a simple holder of a brass pipe . ( also tried drilling out a plastic rod , that worked just as fine ) . This way it was pretty easy to line them up , and I didn`t had to worry that the gun pinged away .

Only broke 4 drills doing 8 guns ....:shrug: had to order some new . ( not from China ....got them from Germany ) . Also marked out where to put the missing keels .

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Thats all for now ! 

Cheers from a cold and windy Sweden .

Edited by Krister
I think I red in the instructions that you should post your progress this way , instead of making a new thread every time . Hope I am doing this right .
  • Like 13

Got the pe set with the portholes and the ringols .  It is a set for IJN ships , but I thing they will work . Started with a few of them and glue them down with some thinned Micro Kristal Klear . After finished with the pe , I will seal it down with Mr Surface Primer . 

The camera comes upp close  and shows all the dust and some glue residue , but with the naked eye  it looks alright .

spacer.pngspacer.png

Cheers for now .

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Krister said:

The camera comes upp close  and shows all the dust and some glue residue , but with the naked eye  it looks alright .

Gidday Krister, close-up photos can be VERY unforgiving. My solution - I don't zoom in too close now. 😀 As long as you are happy with the naked eye look, that is what others will see it with also. Regards, Jeff.

I am drilling out some portholes , and ad port hole covers to those . Uses this ones that I think fits ( from what I can see on bad reference photos ).

spacer.pngspacer.png

Made a cock up when drilling out two holes :oops:, used a size too big drill .

Could leave them , but nooo.... have to try to fix them . So I filled them up with home brew styrene filler . Then drilled new holes .

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

I think it works 😋 .

spacer.png

These are the tools I uses for this work .

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

They are small , but looks nice .

spacer.png

Cheers Krister

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress .

I do about ten ringols and port hole covers at a time , then I have to rest and do something else . One side is done , and almost the other .

.spacer.png

The keels are in place .

spacer.png

Made a bobo when trying to drill out the cranes . Tried to do it by hand , with 0,3-0,5 mm drills . That didnt worked out well . Filled the holes with green putty and a new try , but the same result ( didnt look good ) . New filling with ca glue , and new holes drilled , and yes ...... the same result . Due to the small sizes I couldnt use any files to reshape the holes . If that wasnt enough , the parts broke , several times . I ended up with filling them again wit styren filler . Then I used my rotary tool ( low speed ) , a broken off drill , and my diy grinder made from a needle . This and a steady hand I grinded up the holes bit by bit . This is what I should have done from the beginning , but hey ho still learning .

Started to put some pe on the cranes .

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thats all for now .

cheers Krister

• Like 5