Beechcraft 18 Twin Beech American Airlines - Modified Encore 1/72 kit

Your twin Beech is truly Something Special In The Air. 😁

Been enjoying your comparison build as I've hoarded the PM, the Encore, and the RarePlanes in the Anxiety Closet.  I trust your recommendation regarding the pick of the litter but I think a twin might be a bit much for my first vac build.

• Thanks 1

Greta work! Love the 'departure' or ' landing' shots.    Just one thing, I probably missed the explanation, but I can see the extended leading edge roots but did the 18s with those have the shorter fairings behind the engines over the wing or were they longer? Just a weird query.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Greta work! Love the 'departure' or ' landing' shots.    Just one thing, I probably missed the explanation, but I can see the extended leading edge roots but did the 18s with those have the shorter fairings behind the engines over the wing or were they longer? Just a weird query.

In general on the Beech 18 the leading edge root extensions are seen together with the longer nacelle fairings, and in general both are seen on post-war manufactured airframes. But the Beech 18 has always been a much-modified aircraft and many early ones updated into later configurations - as with members of the T-6 family. So to be definitive on any specific airframe you really need photographs of the individual example together with a decision on the date the model will represent.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Your twin Beech is truly Something Special In The Air. 😁

Been enjoying your comparison build as I've hoarded the PM, the Encore, and the RarePlanes in the Anxiety Closet.  I trust your recommendation regarding the pick of the litter but I think a twin might be a bit much for my first vac build.

Thanks Jackson

Yes, not a good first vac, surely.

Something really simple would be better.

Cheers

9 hours ago, Graeme H said:

The end result of all that work is simply outstanding, just love it.

Thanks Graeme!

Cheers

8 hours ago, Paul J said:

Thanks Paul

Yes, there were comments posted regarding this somewhere in the WiP.

Earlier machines had the shorter nacelle fairing and no kink, Then the kink appeared, then the longer nacelle fairing.

As Work in Progress said above, you have to rely on photos to make your choices.

Cheers

8 hours ago, Unfinished project said:

Yet another magnificent Moa production 

You are very kind, sir.

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Ooooooooo lovely, great work as usual Moa, you have done a cracking job.  I am sorry I missed the end of your builds, life and building work got in the way.

All the best

Chris

Thanks, Chris!

You do other things besides modeling?

I have even quit sleeping and eating.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Jeddahbill said:

Ha!  We are but simple barbarian tribe folk here in the South where the Mystery of Styrene is all but lost amongst the Monster Trucks and killer Pit Bulls!

Bill

It's much the same, way up here, on The Backside of Beyond.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Moa,

Now you've gone and done it- I just got the AA  Beech 18 decals in the mail, and I found my Rareplanes C-45 vacform....now all I need to do  is to summon up enough nerve to do my first vacform, and in bare metal to boot! Curse you, styrene surgeon! (I'm glad very few of my U.S. modeling mates know about BM, or I would be deluged with Mach 2 kits for even thinking about building a civil type!)

Mike

• Haha 3