Hello from Breadalbane

Tankmass

Hello there, I'm Tankmass, a merry one at that. I'm from Scotland, enfamed Breadalbane, I did used to be underneath a main flight path for RAF Leuchars but no more. In terms of Aircraft I have to say that I like the cold war era best, the early jets are particularly fascinating for me. My favourite aircraft for that reason is the Avro Vulcan, a cliche I know but it is a gorgeous design all the same. Though aircraft aren't my main focus in modelling, for me that's always been railways, industrial ones being my preference. I've never really gotten why there is this distinction between Scale modelling and railway modelling. So hello, and I'm glad to be here.

Yours

TkM  

• Like 1

Another welcome from me.

I was a railway modeller in my younger days although I haven't been active on that front since the 1980s. Nowadays I devote such skills as I have to 1/144 civil airliners. 

In case you don't already know, the IPMS Scottish National Show and Championship takes place at the Dewars Centre in Perth on 25/26 April. It's always a great show. If you are able to attend I'll be displaying airliners in Hall 2 if you feel like saying hello.

Dave G

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there.  Got a model railway set up and make 1/48 aircraft kits so fine with the crossover.  I think the scenery of model railways enhances any type of model.  And especially steam era industrial railways are great.  Far more interesting than many mainlines.  Welcome onboard & look forward to seeing your work