Paasche Needle bearing ?

Faceplate

spacer.png 

Hey all, This diagram points out part number 50-046 which is called a needle bearing on this 200NH. I don't ever remembering seeing this part in my airbrush. It's entirely possible I lost it when I first started cleaning it at some point. Recently my airbrush started spitting  Insignia White while I was painting. Does anyone have this a/b? Is this part in the a/b? Could this be what's causing my issues? It just started this while doing the white. I free hand airbrushed a 1/48 Tonka just before the Jaguar I'm working and didn't have any issues. Checked the needle-not bent, tip is good. My air source is good. No other obvious issues with the a/b that I can find. I've been using this a/b for almost about 9 years now and have never noticed the needle bearing or had any issues with painting.

Any input on this would be much appreciated

Thanks.

Edited by Faceplate
mistyped letter

1 hour ago, denstore said:

That’s not a Paasche. It’s a Badger 200.

The side of the body on mine is a sky blue and is labeled as a Paasche 200NH....so says the manual as well.

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is what I've got but it's labeled as a Paasche 200NH. What's going on here? Should I be shopping for the part for the Badger or Paasche? I've googled this a/b and it seems to come up on Google as Paasche. Could you set me straight on this...as I don't want to order the wrong part.

Edited by Faceplate

1 hour ago, denstore said:

That’s not a Paasche. It’s a Badger 200.

Wow...I'm a complete jackass. I went a looked...D'OH!! I'm watching a couple vids with the a/b to see what I can see about this needle bearing.

Thanks for slapping the stupid out of me denstore! I'm a dumbass!

18 hours ago, denstore said:

No problem. We have all been there. :)

I think I figured it out. That needle bearing is inside the body of the airbrush not inside the nozzle itself. I was watching some vids on Youtube and I saw what I was looking for. As far as the spattering of the white paint...by the process of elimination, it points to the paint causing me the issues. I'll know for sure later when I a/b the cockpit sills of my Tonka. If it's not then it's back to trouble shooting. Worst case scenario, I just buy an new airbrush. Badger sells some nice single action ones with multiple heads for more detail painting.

I feel like a noob for not being able to figure this out this issue.🥴

Thanks again for the bop on the head. 

I’ve got the old style Badger 200.  I managed to lose that bearing when cleaning - it’s tiny so if it does come out easy to miss it.

The thing is the brush goes together without it and appears to work but not right and it is quite mystifying.  I finally spotted that bearing was missing, replaced it and the difference was amazing.

Badger parts in the UK from here

https://barwellbodyworks-shop.com/gb/

Appreciate you are in the US but this link may be useful for UK readers.

Badger is bigger in the US than in the UK so guessing you have plenty of places to get spares.

Cheers,

Nigel