Coastal Craft 1/48 Chipmunk

petetasker

Stumbled across a mention of this kit online but I've not managed to find out anything about it - is it a brand new kit? Be interested in anyones thoughts if they've seen or have one. Threw up in the back of a Chippy when I was an Air Cadet (caught it all in the bag) so can see myself making one or two at least. 

40 minutes ago, stringbag said:

Hi Pete.

Its the old Heritage Aviation resin kit now being marketed by Coastal Craft.

Have a look here at Mikes build.

Chris.

Cheers Chris I’ve dropped them an email and having had a quick look at Mikes build  I’ll have to get one. Thank again 

• 5 months later...
On 2/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, petetasker said:

Had a reply from them - available now, £40.00, free UK delivery - order placed.

Did you receive your Chipmunk?  I just tried www.coastalcraftmodels.com and it looks like they're gone.

Hello mate Yes got the Chipmunk no problem - I was actually thinking of getting a second. Weird set up as they don't seem to have a website which is strange in this day and age. They do have email however which is  [email protected]  They're still advertising in Scale Aircraft Modelling so Im confident they are still in business. Have to say I was very happy with their service. If you need their address and telephone number let me know but they replied ok to my emails.

Hope this helps

Pete

On 8/20/2020 at 6:27 PM, petetasker said:

Hello mate Yes got the Chipmunk no problem - I was actually thinking of getting a second. Weird set up as they don't seem to have a website which is strange in this day and age. They do have email however which is  [email protected]  They're still advertising in Scale Aircraft Modelling so Im confident they are still in business. Have to say I was very happy with their service. If you need their address and telephone number let me know but they replied ok to my emails.

Hope this helps

Pete

I emailed them on the weekend, still (excitedly) waiting to hear back :)

• 2 months later...
On 27/08/2020 at 09:27, petetasker said:

They don’t believe in rushing things do they!

I did get a reply, with the catalogue, but never received any reply to my emails asking how I order.... I'll give them a ring.

13 minutes ago, wellsprop said:

I did get a reply, with the catalogue, but never received any reply to my emails asking how I order.... I'll give them a ring.

Pretty poor really. Seem to recall they replied to my emails and the ordering instructions were basically who to make the Paypal payment to. Doesn't inspire confidence but I got the kit and they are still advertising every month in SAM including in the latest issue.

• 4 weeks later...

@petetasker @Shark444 have either of you managed to get hold of Coastal Craft Models?

I sent an email a couple of months back and got a response from Martin with the catalogue attached. I replied asking to purchase a Chipmunk and Type 224, but I haven't yet heard back. I sent a couple more emails and left a voicemail - not heard anything yet :(

EDIT: I just got an email back telling me how to order. Order placed :)

5 hours ago, wellsprop said:

@petetasker @Shark444 have either of you managed to get hold of Coastal Craft Models?

I sent an email a couple of months back and got a response from Martin with the catalogue attached. I replied asking to purchase a Chipmunk and Type 224, but I haven't yet heard back. I sent a couple more emails and left a voicemail - not heard anything yet :(

EDIT: I just got an email back telling me how to order. Order placed :)

Hi I got the first chipmunk without any problems but I’ve not tried to get in touch with them since.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...