Fujimi A-4C Skyhawk 1/72

almac

Evening all. Well I hadn’t intended to start this kit but I was painting the interior of my A-4m and there was paint left in the airbrush so as this kit was to hand I decided I would start it. Probably a daft idea as it takes me a while to finish one kit never mind two. 

This kit had been started by it’s previous owner and I stripped the paint off when I bought it. It’s moulded in white plastic for some reason. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Interior paint is Gunze dark gull grey.

spacer.png

I’ll be using the kit decals but not sure which paint scheme to choose. 

Cheers Allan

• Like 11

I'll follow this build (I'm going into this GB with an A-4E - so nice to see this hot little jet being well represented).

How does this A-4C compare to the new Airfix A-4B? which is the better kit in your opinion (assuming you have one of both!)?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FIGHTS ON said:

I'll follow this build (I'm going into this GB with an A-4E - so nice to see this hot little jet being well represented).

How does this A-4C compare to the new Airfix A-4B? which is the better kit in your opinion (assuming you have one of both!)?

Hi thanks for your interest. As to comparison of the Airfix and Fujimi Skyhawk I’ll reserve judgement for now as this is the first Fujimi A-4 I have built. I have built an Airfix one  which I got round to finishing last year and I thought it was a very nice kit. I’ll know it receives a lot of criticism from those who know about Skyhawks but I’m not one of them. So as these two builds progress I’ll have some idea of how the Fujimi and Airfix compare.

Cheers Allan 

• Like 2

Morning all. Progress on both kits last night. Front and rear half of the fuselage are together. Bit of a step on the top of the the rear part, not sure why that happened as the ‘M’ went together ok. Any way not difficult to fix. Next up will be attaching the wings and bringing the three sections together. This looks tricky and may require a lot of tidying up. 

spacer.png

Cheers Allan 

• Like 5

Hi all. I’ve made some progress and it’s now looking something like a Skyhawk. I have to say this kit for me is not that great. The join of the two part fuselage and wings is very poor. I’m not sure if it’s just my skills don’t meet my expectations but this kit is not much fun. I’m letting the glue set overnight and I’ll see what needs to be done. spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers Allan 

• Like 8

Nice start Allan, I am working on this kit (though using a conversion to make it a Singaporean Twin seater) and found some of the fit to not be the best.

Beware of the slat guides, they break off quite easily, I have broken and lost a few and had to make new ones.

• Like 1

Hi all. More progress tonight. I feel better about this kit now as the sanding of the poor joins of the fuselage and wings was easier than I expected, I think. I’ll know better when I’ve got some primer on as the white plastic is not great to work with as I struggle to see if seams are ok or not. 

Intakes were fitted and will need some filler. I won’t manage anything till Monday due to work. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looking at the photos I remembered I broke off one of the struts on the wings so that will need fixed back on.

Cheers Allan 

• Like 4