Savoia S.65 Schneider Cup - Modified Karaya 1/72 resin

Just now, Viking said:

Fabulous model, beautifully done!I really like these unusual subjects,and this is one I had not heard of before so that's a a 10 out 10 from me!

Cheers

John

Thanks John!

Aviation is full of surprises and wonderful undiscovered treasures. We have only to look a bit further.

So much to enjoy!

Cheers

6 hours ago, Moa said:

Thanks Jo

Some builds are close to completion waiting for the decals or details (Vultee V-1, Seabee, HP O/700)

Today I will post the American Airlines Beech 18, completed yesterday.

If you are curious and haven't seen them yet, I have posted about two hundreds builds already here at BM.

Cheers

I'll certainly have a look, Moa. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Thanks, Greg!

That happens to you when you don't build nice civil planes! ^_^

You are right. I'm doing a rather nasty one at the moment. I like the idea of doing my ancestors targets  so I can see what they saw. 

• Haha 1

Congratulations, quite an achievement! Beautiful!

Your introduction resonates with me as a very fair account of a Karaya kit.  My current build (endlessly ongoing!), also a Schneider Trophy racer, the Sort Crusader, is also a Karaya kit. I recognise the contradictions you identify: high quality, blemish free resin castings, precise razor thin wing trailing edges .. but a few fundamental inaccuracies that are difficult to ignore - yet even more challenging to address!  And all but abdicated responsibility for strut engineering!!

However, it found the right place with you - well done for persevering!

Edited by greggles.w
Correction to spelling auto-correction!!
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, greggles.w said:

Congratulations, quite an achievement! Beautiful!

Your introduction resonates with me as a very fair account of a Karaya kit.  My current build (endlessly ongoing!), also a Schneider Trophy racer, the Sort Crusader, is also a Karaya kit. I recognise the contradictions you identify: high quality, blemish free resin castings, precise razor thin wing trailing edges .. but a few fundamental inaccuracies that are difficult to ignore - yet even more challenging to address!  And all but abdicated responsibility for strut engineering!!

However, it found the right place with you - well done for persevering!

I have been informed -in confidence- that the kits are a plot devised by C.H.A.O.S. to create mentally disturbed modelers at C.O.N.T.R.O.L.

Would you believe self-misaligning struts? I don't care as long as I get agent 99.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hewy said:

Beautifully done 👍

Thanks, Hewy!

14 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

i see you got the 1/72 pilot certified to fly that thing. Sure looks delicate. Turned out lovely.

It wasn't easy. Especially the part where he had to learn to do those characteristic elbow cuts, the movement of the back of the hand across the chin, and the gesture joining all the fingertips and moving the hand up and down. Otherwise you can't qualify to pilot an Italian plane.

10 hours ago, Moa said:

Thanks, Hewy!

It wasn't easy. Especially the part where he had to learn to do those characteristic elbow cuts, the movement of the back of the hand across the chin, and the gesture joining all the fingertips and moving the hand up and down. Otherwise you can't qualify to pilot an Italian plane.

Was he trained on making pizza to?

• Haha 1