Airfix Mig-17F Fresco

Very nice MiG there, Mike.  Gonna bring it to San Marcos in August?  I look forward to seeing it there.  Right in the middle of building one now.  Agree on the issues getting sufficient weight forward enough.  I have weights inside the intake splitter and behind the cockpit.  The fit of the clear part to go on the bottom of the fuselage was problematic for me.  The fuselage plastic was too thick for the clear parts (which I don't think need to be clear, by the way) to sit flush with the fuselage.  I had to thin the inside of the fuselage to get it close.  In addition to the issues with the wing mentioned elsewhere, I found that the bottom of the wing is not deep enough to fit flush at the wing root on both sides.  I thought perhaps it was my fault as I had clamped the wings while they were drying, so I bought another kit and the set from that kit were the same without clamping.  So that will be an interesting FSR (fill, sand, repeat) session.  But, in the end, it looks like a MiG-17, so I'll make it work.  Cheers.

Steve