Lightning F2A in the hanger

7 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Brilliant, the only thing missing are the drip trays full of fuel underneath the beast.

Duncan B

Quite right Duncan, I remember a polethera of trays on the floor semi lightning shape and the bodge tape covering the gaps in the panels especially between the fuselage and the belly tank!

• Like 1

Dear Colleagues

Thanks for your kind words, yes it is Noy's miniatures for the hanger and Hasegawa for the equipment.  The figures are modern French ground crew from Reedoak.  Normally I photograph against a scenic backdrop but the hanger makes life a lot easier.  If you get the angle right you feel you are up close to the real aircraft.  If you liked this have a look at my recent post on the F-8 Crusader.

Must remember about the drip trays for next time!

Regards

Andrew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s superb. I looked at the pictures first, wondered where the pictures of your kit were and had to scroll back up to read that these were of the kit, and not pictures of the real thing. 🤦‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Lightning and Starfighter ever had any mock dogfights?  Both designs were quite focused on high altitude bomber interception and had little surplus fuel to mess around.  Both I think had good power to weight ratios, but maybe the Lightning would win in a turning fight?

Andrew