GAZ Tiger-M with Arbalet

flashlight

Hi all,

the weather was too nice to spend the days at the workbench, but found some time to get on with the comouflage pattern, which is finished now.

GAZ_Tiger_M_84.jpg

GAZ_Tiger_M_85.jpg

GAZ_Tiger_M_86.jpg

GAZ_Tiger_M_87.jpg

I am quite pleased how it came out.

Thanks for looking!

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 8

1 hour ago, flashlight said:

Hi all,

the weather was too nice to spend the days at the workbench,

Hi Nick, looks great, coming together really nicely. 

I know what you mean, if the weather is good almost feel guilt about playing with what the "Mrs" calls my toys. 

Cheers

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

Hi everybody,

I had some good progress last days. Now most of the detail parts are painted and attached, only mudflaps, front bumper, lights and ammo belt for the gun are to do. Slowly we move towards weathering stage.

That's the current status:

GAZ-Tiger-M-88.jpg

GAZ-Tiger-M-89.jpg

GAZ-Tiger-M-90.jpg

GAZ-Tiger-M-91.jpg

GAZ-Tiger-M-92.jpg

Thanks for looking! Any comments are welcome.

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 8

Hi all,

very slow progress now - seems like I am crawling along.

So what's been done...Arbalet is finished now, it has got the ammo belt and the cartridge case basket (or whatever this thing is called)...

GAZ-Tiger-M-93.jpg

GAZ-Tiger-M-94.jpg

GAZ-Tiger-M-95.jpg

...the wheels are assembled - I tried to get rid of the seam running along the center line of the tyres, I think I wasn't very successful. That's the only let down of this kit. Mudflaps are painted and attached, the rear lights are painted. Front bumber is painted, still needs some touch ups. Now she is heading for the paint shop for the clear cote.

GAZ-Tiger-M-96.jpg

GAZ-Tiger-M-97.jpg

GAZ-Tiger-M-98.jpg

Wheels and front bumper are dryfit.

Thanks for looking! Any comments are welcome.

Have a  nice day

Nick

• Like 6

Hi Nick, finish line in sight! I know what you mean the final stages they always take longer than you'd imagine. 

Nice work, small thing but the tail lights look really realistic and it's the little details that really make a model. 

Atb

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

That looks really good Nick. Just one little point if you don't mind me pointing it out. On a model that I did a couple of years ago, it had an ammo belt like yours, and it was pointed out to me that the belt would normally be OD. So I painted it down the middle. Obviously, I don't know if your ones would have been the same, but I would have assumed that the shells would have been carried on some kind of belt.

John.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Nice work, small thing but the tail lights look really realistic and it's the little details that really make a model.

Hi Darryl, thank you very much for the kind words. Regarding the rear lights - I am pleased with the look too - it's a shame that they will be toned down by the weathering!

Have a nice day

Nick

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That looks really good Nick. Just one little point if you don't mind me pointing it out. On a model that I did a couple of years ago, it had an ammo belt like yours, and it was pointed out to me that the belt would normally be OD. So I painted it down the middle. Obviously, I don't know if your ones would have been the same, but I would have assumed that the shells would have been carried on some kind of belt.

John.

Hi John, thank you very much indeed for pointing this out. I have done another google search and all of a sudden I found this pic (I hope that it's ok to post the link here):

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1073982339393437698/photo/1

To me it looks like the belt has a steel-like colour - what would you say? I will also change the colour of the feed channel which is obviously green and not steel like I painted it.

Have a nice day

Nick

2 hours ago, flashlight said:

To me it looks like the belt has a steel-like colour

You could be right Nick. It's certainly got a blue tinge to it. Definitely not like the old .50cal feed belt.

John.

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

had been occupied by many things during the weekend, so I only had some workbench time in between, but not enough to pull out the airbrush and spray a clear cote. The only thing I managed to do was to correct the colour of the ammo belt and the feed channel. I used some dark grey to represent the ammo belt. The flash makes it shinyer than it actually is.

GAZ-Tiger-M-99.jpg

Thanks again, @Bullbasket John for pointing this out.

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

this project is nearly finished now. What has been done: clear coat, decals, pin wash, panel line wash, dust, a bit of weathering, dull coat, lights, filter, wheels, black frames of the side and rear windows and the rear view mirrors. Only a few touch ups are left now - I hope to show her soon in the RFI section!

GAZ_Tiger_M_101.jpg

GAZ_Tiger_M_102.jpg

GAZ_Tiger_M_103.jpg

GAZ_Tiger_M_104.jpg

Thanks for looking, any comments are welcome!

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 6

That does look rather good Nick. I can't help wondering what would happen if Brinks Mat used these for deliveries to banks. It would certainly spoil the bank robbers day!

John.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi everybody,

I declare this project finished. This is the last pic in this thread.

GAZ-Tiger-M-105.jpg

Thanks to all who gave helpful and encourageing comments, this helped a lot to get this vehicle to the finish line.

Next pics will be shown in the RFI section later on.

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 5

• 2 months later...