Difference between Reggaine canopies?

fernandocouto

I got a CA Re 2001 at a such low price...with TAN canopies. Today I attempted to cut it, I don't no whether I have not deal with vacu canopies for so long time, or the kit stored so long time....

It cracked under my scissors. although I keep a spare one without fault, it got tan.

There is an Re 2005 on my stash, two canopy sets included. But I don't know are they identical? I searched my reference and internet, found nothing about this part..

Thank you for your advice.

Edit: Re2000/2002 used same fuselage, but Re 2005 is a new design, so would there any parts(around canopy and cockpit) in common between 2001/2005?

Edited by fernandocouto
2001/2005?

Hello Fernando, 

I guess that the 2001/2005 canopies are the same, they certainly look so to me. In case you don't want to use the 2005 canopy I can offer you an extra CA Re 2001 canopy, mine are clear with slight blueish cast. It is yours for the cost of postage from Croatia. PM me for details if interested.

Cheers,

Vedran

• Thanks 1

The two canopies are unfortunately different: the Re.2001 featured a canopy that folded along the centreline while the Re.2005 part did not fold and the upper panels were therefore continuous across the width of the canopy instead of being in two sections as on the 2001.

The Re.2005 canopy design evolved during the development of the aircraft and the prototype intially had a longer canopy. This was then shortened to move back the windscreen, as this was found to be too far from the pilot.

• Thanks 1

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 15:35, dragonlanceHR said:

Hello Fernando, 

I guess that the 2001/2005 canopies are the same, they certainly look so to me. In case you don't want to use the 2005 canopy I can offer you an extra CA Re 2001 canopy, mine are clear with slight blueish cast. It is yours for the cost of postage from Croatia. PM me for details if interested.

Cheers,

Vedran

Thank you very much, but it may be too far... and I don't know whether the mail remains, at such a severe situation. I'll contact local friends to a solution..

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 21:43, Giorgio N said:

The two canopies are unfortunately different: the Re.2001 featured a canopy that folded along the centreline while the Re.2005 part did not fold and the upper panels were therefore continuous across the width of the canopy instead of being in two sections as on the 2001.

The Re.2005 canopy design evolved during the development of the aircraft and the prototype intially had a longer canopy. This was then shortened to move back the windscreen, as this was found to be too far from the pilot.

Thank you for your reference. I compared my kit, found windscreen are also different, so I'll cut that one left

Yes, the 2005 windscreen was different because the air force requested the use of a "common" windscreen to make production cheaper. This was the windscreen of the Macchi MC.205, that was supplied directly by the air force to Reggiane for the prototypes

Dear DragonlanceHR,

Won a CA Reggiane Re.2001 kit at the Japanese Buyee site a few days ago for USD39.Unsurprisingly the canopies had turned brown.Is it possible for me to purchase one of your canopies?I am living in Malaysia and I will bear the cost of the canopy plus the postage.Will PayPal be ok to you?Thanks.