A Pair of French Mirages

Hi All, 

Here are two French Mirages by Heller in 1/72 scale. I recently completed the Mirage F1C. The Mirage III was finished last year. The fit on both kits is quite good and I did not encounter any major issues with either kit.  As these are older kits both models have raised panel lines. I did remove the raised panel lines on the Mirage III, though. The Mirage F1C was painted with Vallejo Model Air. The Mirage III was painted with Vallejo Metal Color.        

Mark 

IMG_1405

IMG_1399

IMG_1396

IMG_1392

IMG_1382

IMG_1389

IMG_1385

IMG_1378

IMG_1376

IMG_1372

IMG_1375

• Like 34

Those look brilliant Mark. Previously, I've not been attracted to the French air superiority blue scheme, having seen your F.1 in it, I think might need another of these kits. The III, I've always loved, whatever the scheme, yours just amplifies that. :) 

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Thanks 1

Hello Mark,

Could be old models from Heller, but they look fantastic. especial in this scale.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

Yep- nice pair of Mirages! The tanks on the III look huge-more like Space Shuttle boosters! Those Heller kits sure cleaned up nicely!

Mike

Those are the ones that came in the box, but they do look a bit too big - almost like 1/48 scale instead of 1/72.  

55 minutes ago, Mark22 said:

Those are the ones that came in the box, but they do look a bit too big - almost like 1/48 scale instead of 1/72.  

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw them! Were they the same color plastic and sprued on the kit, or were they loose? They sure do look like 1/48, not 1/72 to me.

Mike

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw them! Were they the same color plastic and sprued on the kit, or were they loose? They sure do look like 1/48, not 1/72 to me.

Mike

They were attached to the sprue and the same color. I think they look a bit over-sized (distorted) in the photos because I may have held my camera (iPhone) too close when taking the photos. 

Mark 

Edited by Mark22
  • Like 1