Junkers Ju 88 family STGB II Chat

vppelt68

15 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

but looking at several build threads I thought an extension might relieve some pressure and add enjoyment to the final stages,

My thoughts exactly.  Let's extend by a week and finish on 19 February. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

My build is in the gallery. :yahoo:

Many thanks to @vppelt68 and @Marklo for hosting this GB with skill and aplomb. 

so...  I built a Do 17 in 2021, a Ju 88 in 2022...  how woon before we have another He 111 STGB?    I have suitable kits in The Stash and I'm not afraid to build them! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

*THE POLL*

It will be set up tomorrow. Time in 🇫🇮 is closing in on 23, that's 11 PM for all you who are challenged to deal with a 24 hour clock, and I must head to bed soon. The gallery is filled with first class representations of the Junkerses in all the colour and subtype variations. Some more are near completion but won't unfortunately make the GB deadline. Don't worry! We have the Inspiration Gallery set up for those late finishers too 😇. V-P

• Like 3

The poll is now open, but only shortly, so go and give your vote! I think this has been a nice little GB, lively enough but not one to flood us with posts so much that it'd be difficult to find time to actually build something :giggle:. Thank you all for your participation and input in this one, like Enzo just wrote, 

10 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

It's always a little bit sad when a groupbuild ends.  :sad:

Indeed it is :weep:. But like women and trams, there'll always be new ones! I noticed only less than half a dozen of the junkersmodellers have already signed in on the Axis&Co. Twins GB proposal for next year. That'd be a perfect opportuntity to continue the theme of the Dorniers of 2022 and Junkerses of 2022/23 with Heinkels and many other Axis twins in 2024. Please take a look here if I raised your interest :wink:. Best regards, V-P

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

It's always a little bit sad when a groupbuild ends.  :sad:

12 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Yes but then a new one starts, all part of the circle of life.

Haha, in our own group build universe, actually, for all of us usual suspects at least, there hasn't been a moment without a group build going on, or better yet, multiple going on at the same time, for more years than I can remember :coolio:. Thank God for that :pray: V-P

• Like 2

On 20/02/2023 at 08:55, vppelt68 said:

That'd be a perfect opportuntity to continue the theme of the Dorniers of 2022 and Junkerses of 2022/23 with Heinkels and many other Axis twins in 2024. Please take a look here if I raised your interest :wink:

Done (I hope!)

• Thanks 1

I admit being a bit bonkers for the Junkers (88) and have been that for a long time. So, having finished three of them lately, what do I find myself looking for 1) to buy kits of, 2) to do paint schemes and 3) variants my ten so far don't cover and 4) group builds in which they'd be eligible? You guessed it! So far, I've managed to keep calm and restrain myself...

• Like 2

On 09/02/2023 at 00:58, Walter said:

I agree if it allows more builds to be completed without heartache 😉

I have really enjoyed this group build with you guys, and I picked up a good few tips along the way from seeing how others do things.  I did rush a little bit to meet the deadline, but i will revisit mine once I have plotted a better way of making those damned tiny antenna !!   

So many different finishes for the same type - it was fun seeing each one develop 

Count me in for the next group build 👍

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Walter said:

Yes this was fun thanks to everyone for  contributions across the threads. I have to ask why weren't thier more votes?

I was too lazy to harass people to finish the group build properly. Like they say the job is not finished before the paperwork are done! On the other hand, I understand that many of us forget all about a group build when the gallery post is done, and move forward to/in other group builds. Like it's right now questioned in its own thread, polls are not that common anymore, and if one isn't advertised outside the specific GB section, even some of the participants don't know to come back and vote. Trust me, though, there WILL be a poll in the Draken and B-17 STGB:s too! V-P

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Like it's right now questioned in its own thread, polls are not that common anymore, and if one isn't advertised outside the specific GB section, even some of the participants don't know to come back and vote

I agree I find that polls have become an afterthought, but in general I like them and I think they add to the GB.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...