How to make a complete hash of Eduards I-16. It's going to take years of therapy to get over this one.

Gorby

As a bit of light relief I decided to do a nice easy kit. I chose wrong.

As I wanted to build something quite quickly, I picked a small fighter, which was a mistake, the bloody thing fought me all the way. The only reasons it didn't end up on the shelf of doom is because I don't have a shelf of doom and because I'm a stubborn git. No heap of plastics going to get the better of me.

I love the I-16 because of its dumpy beauty. When I explained that the Mrs Gorby She gave me one of those withering looks that women learn at a very young age. Apparently the word is 'petite'.

As you know, I really, really admire the zealots that attempt to enforce strict adherence to historical accuracy, * But just this once, I decided to rewriting history - because I felt like it. When I saw how dull the Eduard schemes were, I found one that actually does have a modicum of truth to it. Then I discovered that it was for a type 10 not type 24.

Damn!

And then I remembered “I don't care. I really, really don't care”, so in the alternate reality that I inhabit.…

* This week we've learned to spot sarcasm ……….. next time we'll learn to spot dialectical materialism in Peruvian parrots.

If you're determined to waste what's left of your life, the build report is here:

708120-20442-90.jpg

708121-20442-95.jpg

708122-20442-87.jpg

708123-20442-36.jpg

708124-20442-87.jpg

708125-20442-25.jpg

Thanks for havin a look. :thumbsup:

• Like 57
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CYA said:

Still a wonderful result

Thanks mate.

4 minutes ago, CYA said:

this one is on my to build list too as an easy built;

That's one of the reasons it got chosen. I've not noticed anyone else mention it being a pig of a kit, so maybe I got a duff one or I'm just a duff modeller. Which is entirely possible.

• Haha 2

Thanks @Farmerboy @mackem01 @keith in the uk @Tony Oliver @Pete in Lincs @Booty003 @dogsbody @RMCS @CedB @Vince1159 @SleeperService @Timmas @Marklo for all the comments and 'likes', you've made my day. I didn't think this one would get so much attention. I just goes to show that size isn't important (I keep trying to make myself believe that anyway).

I'm going back to scratch-building for my next one – at least then if the parts are duff I've only got myself to Berate.

• Haha 2

I mean, who doesn't like the I-16?   They're just so cute; love their pugnacious looks and cool history too.   You've proved to be the master of this one Gorby; she looks fine and really dashing on the neat stand. :clap2:  Give yourself a big pat on the back and have an adult beverage in celebration...maybe use that to wash down some chicharrones!  Tally ho! 😀

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

You've proved to be the master of this one Gorby; she looks fine and really dashing on the neat stand.

Thanks very much Gary. :thumbsup:

have an adult beverage

Goes without saying – you're more likely to need to remind me to breath.:drink:  Probably won't be in celebration though. 

chicharrones

I had to Googleisify that. I hate to prove a huge disappointment to you, but I'm one of those freaky vegi weirdos. Just thank god that chocolate is vegi. :pray:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your WIP is a work of art! Fantastic build. How long did it take? I have a Type 10 in the stash which I anticipated as a quick build also... the heads up will make me reconsider 😂

Cheers

Ash

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

You still managed to get this one done, without testing if the model actually could fly... seems like a higher level of patience...

It very nearly took to the air on more than one occasion. Fortunately I have a short memory and can now look at it on its stand and think 'Where the hell did that come from?'.

What was the question? 😕

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Doccur said:

How long did it take? I have a Type 10 in the stash which I anticipated as a quick build also... the heads up will make me reconsider

Eeerm? That'll require some remarkable feat of memory that will….. eeerrrmmm.

I've just checked my original WIP and I started it Jan 6th, but it's spent at least a couple of weeks of that sitting alone and unloved in it's tupperware of dooooom, with me pretending that it was just a bad dream. So yes, quite a quick build for me at least.

Tupperware of dooooooom:

IMG_1219.JPG

Just remember to have plenty of alcohol on stand by. :drunk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1