Roden 1:144 VC10 - Which One for VC10 C1K ?

Tiger331

Hi Folks,

I have bought three different versions of the Roden 1:144 VC10 including the BOAC and RAF K.3 and K.4 versions. Can anyone enlighten me on which kit would be best to reproduce one of the low visibility Grey RAF VC-10 C.1Ks that sported special schemes ?. I see that none of the kits feature an engraved forward freight door although the RAM Models decals do cater for this and in 1:144 scale this should be sufficient. What I'm not sure about is the fuselage/wing combination since I know the original RAF C.1 variant was a hybrid of the Standard/Super VC10.

Thanks in anticipation

Mark   

Hi

The VC10 C1K is a combination of  standard length fuselage combined with the wings and engines /stub wings from the Super VC10. Using the Roden kits you will need to shorten the fuselage but use everything else from the kit. The fuselage was lengthened in two places both In front and behind the wing to make the Super VC10 which is what the K3/K4 was based on.Also check the beaver tail fairings between the jet pipes as these differ between marks and having never seen the kit I don’t know which ones are in the kit.

John

Cutting the Roden fuselage Super to the C1K Standard length is a little more challenging than might be expected..

Here is a thread that shows how to do it.

Rich

• Like 1