Panhard VBL

Hi everybody,

today I finished Tiger Model's Panhard VBL at last.

My WIP:

The kit is nicely detailed and a straightforward build with a good fit of the parts. It is built straight out of the box, the only addition are the antennae. Camouflage scheme painted with Revell Aquacolor colours, green and brown by airbrush, black areas brushpainted. Only slightly weathered with oil colors. As usual I had the most troubles with the last detail parts, this time the nasty steel rope that has to be bent around the circular shape on the left side. The instruction gives you 100mm length, but only the half of it is needed, so I had to shorten it and bend it again. Of course the superglue worked fine between my fingers but not there where it should work. It was quite hard to attach the rope, but after some attempts it was finally there. It looks quite odd but I am happy it's there.

The finished model:

VBL-102.jpg

VBL-104.jpg

VBL-105.jpg

VBL-106.jpg

VBL-109.jpg

VBL-113.jpg

VBL-115.jpg

VBL-116.jpg

VBL-117.jpg

Thanks for looking, any comments are welcome!

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 17

13 hours ago, Reini78 said:

Nice clean build! Good to see a "clean" vehicle" for a change!

:thumbsup:

@Reini78 Servus Reini, thank you very much! I tried to keep it very low, because usually I get carried away during the weathering process and then overdo it. So it is just some dust to get a bit of a used appearance of the vehicle.

13 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I've watched this build from the beginning and you've made a superb job of it.

John.

@Bullbasket Hi John, thank you for the nice words. Your comments during the build were much appreciated and helped a lot to get this model done.

11 hours ago, Ernst said:

solid tri tone nato camo. Your model stands very well against the test of the close up. Great work.

@Ernst Thank you very much, Ernst, your comment is much appreciated. I love doing three tone camo schemes, and sometimes I prefer to brush paint parts of it, as I did on this model. I didn't want to mask off everything again after I lost and knocked off some of the small parts during the masking of the brown areas. After this I decided to paint the black areas by hand.

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 1

Lovely job, not a vehicle I'm familiar with but smart looking little thing isn't it?

Part brush painted you say, far better than I can do. Really struggle with the hairy stick these days and I've no idea why... 

Looks used but clean, nowt wrong there.

Great work

Darryl

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Nicely done 👍

@ivan-o Thank you very much for the nice comment!

8 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Lovely job, not a vehicle I'm familiar with but smart looking little thing isn't it?

Part brush painted you say, far better than I can do. Really struggle with the hairy stick these days and I've no idea why... 

Looks used but clean, nowt wrong there.

Great work

Darryl

@Jasper dog Hi Darryl, thank you very much! Yes, this is a funny looking vehicle, always reminds me on some kind of rallye car or a beach buggy. Sorry to hear that you have troubles with brush painting. Maybe you need new paintbrushes? I always use a very fine brush for the outlines and a bigger brush for the rest. I thin down the colour considerably and paint a thin layer. I don't mind if it's not opaque, usually it takes two to three layers to get there. With this method I usually avoid visible strokes, but it doesn't work with every colour. Metal colours are a pain to brushpaint.

Have a nice day

Nick

4 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

Very nice, as stated before, it doesn't always have to be a ragged vehicle... 

@Silenoz Hi Silenoz, thank you very much indeed. I am not a big fan of dirtying up a vehicle. Sometimes I feel that the vehicle should get a good share of mud, but I always overdo it. I have to learn that sometimes less is more, which I tried to achieve with this model.

Have a nice day

Nick

• Like 1