1/24 Italeri Iveco Turbostar Vintage

Haven't built a truck since I was at school and remember really enjoying them, so scooted about on a well known auction site and found an Iveco Turbostar.

These made a huge impression on me on a ski trip when I encountered the m for the first time.  Is there anything more '80's Intercontinental-Euro-Haulage' than a Turbostar in the Alps in winter?

Built OOB apart from the Max Models decals as the kit ones were shot and some Italeri rubber tyres. I didn't mess with weathering too much as it's my first one for years and I was happy to get it looking as good as I did.

Halfords Aerosols, the chassis red-orange is Halfords red primer with a gloss coat.

Enjoy, I know I did!

spacer.png

resized_fb40d9e4-29aa-4a49-adc6-8491302c

resized_1a4bfb86-fbe8-4b4e-aee4-8afe47dd

resized_0f68bf34-c9d8-4f83-abb3-6c69df77

• Like 13

32 minutes ago, alteregoni said:

Looking marvelous! By the way how was parts fit? I built old Italeri Volvo FH kit from the early 90', and it was most horrible kit that I'v ever built. Parts fit was horrible. 

Nothing a swipe with sandy stick couldn't sort out.  I left off the air intake trunking as it was way out. But all the important stuff fitted well.

My first truck was a turbostar. Went like a rocket as it was on TNT parcel trunking so was fairly light. 
wasn’t a V8 but a 6 cylinder. Thought I was the king of the road with the CB and an American number plate on the dash!

I’ve a stalled build but have lost some parts so maybe I’ll have to dig a kit out and try again 

I’ve only ever seen 2 preserved and they where both owned by Irish lads. 

• Thanks 1