1/48 Airfix English Electric Lightning F.2A - 92 Sqn.

1/48 Airfix English Electric Lightning F.2A - 92 Sqn.

Wing Commander J B Mitchell, CO 92 Sqn, RAF Germany, Gutersloh, August 1972.

This has been a shelf Queen for quite some time and I finally pulled my finger out to finish it.

Airbrushed using Humbrol and Tamiya acrylics.  Flory wash and sealed with Alclad Aqua.

Not my usual scale but did enjoy working on it.  Makes a nice change from 72 and my poor eyes have had a break.....!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers all,

Phil

• Like 56
  • Thanks 2

Lovely F2a.  On the spine there's a yellow area, this was a fiberglass type material with two short aerials (6 inchish in height) as the rear most part on the panel there had a rubber sealing grommet at the bottom of each aerial.

Edited by tweeky
  • Like 1

Really very nice. I have that kit and plan on building it relatively soon ... as soon as I get past the Revell 1/32 Typhoon two-seater I'm working on.  🙂

• Like 1

Can't add to what the others have said about this build, except I am so jealous of what you have done with the kit, even if it's not my scale! Love the choice of scheme, too! 👍 :clap2:

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Like 1

As a child of Airfix's 1960s heyday, the 1/72nd F1.A original tool predecessor of this kit was always one I lusted after but could never quite afford on the majority of hobby shop visitations. On the odd occasion I could, fate conspired against me such that I could never accident upon it on the shelf. By the time it restocked, invariably imagination and pocket money both had been unable to contain temptation from another gloriously presented piece of Roy Cross box art. Love your Lightning. Caught my imagination in that same way, bringing those joyous memories flooding back.

• Like 2