Williams FW14B 1:12

Hello!

I would like to show you my Tamiya Williams build. Model is quite mediocre what comes to detailing. Some major and important pieces are missing or poorly designed.

Since there is Top Studio detail set around, this one is prior that time.  I used ThundervalleyF1 brake set, damper set and photoetch set. Bolts, rivets, and hose fittings are mostly from RbMotion. Electronic connectors are Top Studio brass ones. Sponsor decals are from Shunko and carbon decals are Scale Motorsport. Paints that I used are from Tamiya (clear cote etc), Zero Paints (body), Vallejo and Alclad. 

This build took about two and half years on and off building. Many missing parts are made from styrene by myself. This model has seen it all, it has for example it has been eaten by my dog 😅

Anyways here are "some" pictures.

cHivo6h.jpg?1

6nyuF1Q.jpg?1

4UEGTjD.jpg?1

2KFcJdn.jpg?1

Z1jMTfD.jpg?1

WhK4lBM.jpg?1

3E4UWes.jpg?1

5oA5oAk.jpg?1

ZhP7UpP.jpg?1

gtr4t58.jpg?1

XiEh2iR.jpg?1

z1uEN52.jpg?1

5gqzUrp.jpg?1

2xB5tCF.jpg?1

F4P5Gjq.jpg?1

jR6zAF3.jpg?1

p5eDltb.jpg?1

83ezpeF.jpg?1

AkcxXtx.jpg?1

L81u2AM.jpg?1

cRpllNI.jpg?1

3KpakLk.jpg?1

pq7JqgM.jpg?1

HWjRlbi.jpg?1

RID6gsG.jpg?1

wcCz47V.jpg?1

MRfYFp2.jpg?1

pOl6mWY.jpg?1

uwoJ2LC.jpg?1

Edited by alteregoni
  • Like 26

Can’t fault that at all ! - fantastic details, especially the rear view shots with the cowling off.

..and “the dog ate my F1 car” is certainly a new and very original explanation.🤣

Super Williams F1! I was only down looking around the factory late last year! I remember building one of the first ever Tamiya 1:12 kits, the Lotus 49B, that was a great occasion!