Breguet XIX after Potez XXV in 1/72 soon?

JWM

On Polish "Allegro" web site  which is a local e-buy portal currently there are three Breguets XIX in 1/72 for sale: two extra rare Hit-Kit injected shortruns and one resin kit by Omega. I do not remember any Breguet XIX to be offered since years... It might suggest, that some company works currently on preparing modern injected  kit of Breguet XIX and modellers who know it run out from stash old kits counting on getting good price, which later will be not achievable. In similar circumstances I've bought Savoia SM 55 X by Delta2 and very soon afterwards it appeared, that Dora works on SM 55 ... So maybe there is a hope for decent Breguet XIX soon? 

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dave Fleming said:

I hope so, want to do the sole British one

Was there? I didn't know.  A private or military one? What variant?

Cheers

J-W

BTW does anybody remember what were the last Armee de l'Air units operating the Bre XIX up to 1938 ? Syria/Lebanon? Morocco? Chad? Djibouti?

Cheers

Michael

8 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Military, acquired for evaluation at the RAE, given serial number J7507 I think it was a B, but not too sure about Br19 versions

Thank you,, meanwhile I have found in Wikipedia that it was in RAF but without all those details and photo! 

Looks like a V-engine machine, I have to check, but I think it is Renault engine, not Hispano-Suiza nor W-type Lorrain.

the French style was that "B-2" means "bomber, crew of two", "A2" means "recce machine, crew of two" (and this is general military style, therfore Douglas DB-7 is in French DB-7B3). So the morphology of A2 and B2 can be the same, difference is in equipment defined by purpose...

Regards

J-W

Lorrain W-type

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3T4mSOVpB8R7tlU0chuq

Hispano-Suiza V-type

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsQzRBunwImg4sGQSE3yW

There was a lot of different engines

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bréguet_19

Regards

J-W

• Like 1